STEVENSVILLE, Md. (WJZ)—Nearly one year after she first disappeared, the mysterious death of a Stevensville mother remains unsolved. Police believe there are people out there that haven’t told investigators everything they know.

Monique Griego has the latest from investigators.

Three weeks after Robin Pope disappeared, her body was found floating in the Chesapeake Bay, not far from her home. One year later, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. Police don’t even know if a crime was committed.

It’s a mystery that has baffled investigators for nearly a year. What happened to Pope? How did her lifeless body end up in the bay?

“It’s just very out of the ordinary for this type of thing to happen in this community, first of all, and then to an individual like this who was so connected and apparently so full of life,” said Greg Shipley, Maryland State Police.

Maryland State Police say the mystery began the night of March 1, 2013. Pope, 51, who had recently separated from her husband Wayne, went to the Stevensville home they shared to grab some belongings. He would be the last person to see her alive.

“He said he left the home at that point and came back early on the morning of March 2 and saw her vehicle still in the driveway,” Shipley said.

Pope was gone, and the exhaustive search to find her came to a heart wrenching end three weeks later.  A neighbor spotted Pope’s badly beaten body floating in the waters not far from where she disappeared.

Police have not been able to determine the exact cause of death.

“Our state police homicide investigators are committed to determining what happened to Robin Pope, why it happened and if there was a crime involved,” Shipley said.

WJZ has previously spoken with Pope’s daughters. They do not believe her death was an accident and are desperate for answers.

“Just the idea of it becoming a cold case is my worst fear,” said Rachel Pope, victim’s daughter.

Police believe there are people out there that have information and urge them to come forward.

Pope’s beloved dog was also killed in the night she disappeared, but it still not clear if that incident is linked to her death.

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call Maryland State Police.

Other Local News:

Comments (3)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE