GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A Sears employee was cut with a knife after confronting a man for shoplifting. The suspect remains at large.
It happened Wednesday around 2:15 p.m. at the Sears store at Marley Station Mall.
When employees detained a man for shoplifting, he displayed and then swung a knife. Police say one employee was hit, resulting in a small cut to his head.
The suspect then fled from the store in an awaiting vehicle. The store employee was treated on scene by responding medical personnel.
Officers searched the area but did not locate the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, 5’8” to 5’10” with a medium build, fair complexion with black short hair and unshaven wearing navy blue jeans/pants, blue/red/white plaid shirt, black shoes and a black Orioles baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call 410-222-6135 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP or Text “MCS plus your message” to CRIMES (274637).
Other Local News:
- Ocean City Boardwalk’s Dumser’s Dairyland Facing Possible Demolition
- Baltimore Mayor On Confederate Statues: ‘I Wanted Them Out Of The City’
- Confederate Statues In Baltimore Taken Down Overnight
- Police Attempt To ID Shooting Suspect Caught On Camera
- Officials: Man Dove In Water To Free Boat Anchor; Didn’t Resurface