Shoplifting Suspect Cuts Sears Employee With Knife, Flees In Getaway Car
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A Sears employee was cut with a knife after confronting a man for shoplifting. The suspect remains at large.
It happened Wednesday around 2:15 p.m. at the Sears store at Marley Station Mall.
When employees detained a man for shoplifting, he displayed and then swung a knife. Police say one employee was hit, resulting in a small cut to his head.
The suspect then fled from the store in an awaiting vehicle. The store employee was treated on scene by responding medical personnel.
Officers searched the area but did not locate the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, 5’8” to 5’10” with a medium build, fair complexion with black short hair and unshaven wearing navy blue jeans/pants, blue/red/white plaid shirt, black shoes and a black Orioles baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call 410-222-6135 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP or Text “MCS plus your message” to CRIMES (274637).
Other Local News:
- Car Theft Suspect Killed In Police-Involved Shooting In White Marsh
- 2 Cars, Light Rail Collide In Downtown Baltimore
- Md. Parents Allegedly Locked Autistic Twin Sons In The Basement
- Man Remains Behind Bars After Missed Target At Bulletproof Vest Kills His Friend
- Coast Guard Investigates Hoax Distress Calls On The Bay