GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A Sears employee was cut with a knife after confronting a man for shoplifting. The suspect remains at large.
It happened Wednesday around 2:15 p.m. at the Sears store at Marley Station Mall.
When employees detained a man for shoplifting, he displayed and then swung a knife. Police say one employee was hit, resulting in a small cut to his head.
The suspect then fled from the store in an awaiting vehicle. The store employee was treated on scene by responding medical personnel.
Officers searched the area but did not locate the suspect.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, 5’8” to 5’10” with a medium build, fair complexion with black short hair and unshaven wearing navy blue jeans/pants, blue/red/white plaid shirt, black shoes and a black Orioles baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call 410-222-6135 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP or Text “MCS plus your message” to CRIMES (274637).
Other Local News:
- Police: Teen Charged In Ofc. Amy Caprio’s Murder, 3 Others In Custody
- Marylanders Warned About LifeBridge Health Data Breach
- Baltimore Co. Police Chief: Amy Caprio ‘The Type Of Officer You Want To Hire’
- Teacher Charged With Sexually Abusing Student At Md. School
- Funeral Arrangements Set For Slain Baltimore County Police Officer