Maryland Braces For Major Round Of Winter Weather
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Another blast of winter weather is headed our way.
Meteorologist Chelsea Ingram has the latest.
An approaching winter storm has already prompted winter weather watches and warnings across the region.
Because Sunday will be very seasonable with highs near 50, we will start out with rain during the late afternoon/evening moving in from northwest to southeast.
The first batch of frozen precipitation is forecast to push in around midnight in the form of freezing rain and/or sleet before changing over to snow between 3-4 a.m.
Both rush hours Monday are expected to be impacted. Drivers are encouraged to go slowly and allow more time for travel.
Total ice accumulation is expected to range from a trace to around 0.2″ in spots.
As snow continues on Monday, accumulations are expected to range anywhere from 6-12″ in central Maryland.
Both highs and lows will be below normal on Tuesday and Wednesday. Overnight lows will be down into the teens. Thursday will be a little warmer and Friday will have temperatures in the 40s.
We could reach 50 degrees by Saturday.
Other Local News:
- 17-Year-Old Boy Faces Child Porn Charges After Posting Explicit Pictures On Instagram
- Dem O’s Are Causing Playoff Fever, Hon!
- Family: Did Police Play A Role In Son’s Death?
- Police: Man Robbed And Stabbed By Group Of Teenagers In Baltimore City
- Horseshoe Casino Opens Soon; Residents Already Dreading Traffic