2 Arrested For Armed Robbery Of Pregnant Woman In Labor
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)—Annapolis Police arrest two people for an armed robbery of a pregnant woman in labor.
An eyewitness called police at around 4:30 a.m. Sunday after seeing a man and pregnant woman being held at gunpoint in the 1800-block of Copeland Street.
The woman was going into labor prior to the robbery and was transported to Anne Arundel Medical Center.
When officers arrived on scene, one of the victims pointed to the suspects fleeing the neighborhood in a stolen vehicle.
Officers pursued the vehicle to Tyler Court, where the driver and passenger abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
During the chase the suspects threw a gun from the vehicle, which was recovered by officers. After a brief foot chase both the driver and the passenger were arrested.
Devery Kelley, 24, of Annapolis and Cornell Robinson, 44, of Washington, D.C. are being held at the Annapolis Police Department. Charges are pending.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 410-268-9000.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard
- CHAOS: 15 Officers Injured, Businesses Looted, Fires Set As Violent Riots Plague Baltimore
- Baltimore City Leaders Urging Rioters To Get Off The Streets
- Huge Fires Burn Downtown Baltimore Buildings Shortly After Riots
- Baltimore Mayor Imposes Curfew, Says ‘Thugs’ Trying To Tear Down City