ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)—Annapolis Police arrest two people for an armed robbery of a pregnant woman in labor.
An eyewitness called police at around 4:30 a.m. Sunday after seeing a man and pregnant woman being held at gunpoint in the 1800-block of Copeland Street.
The woman was going into labor prior to the robbery and was transported to Anne Arundel Medical Center.
When officers arrived on scene, one of the victims pointed to the suspects fleeing the neighborhood in a stolen vehicle.
Officers pursued the vehicle to Tyler Court, where the driver and passenger abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
During the chase the suspects threw a gun from the vehicle, which was recovered by officers. After a brief foot chase both the driver and the passenger were arrested.
Devery Kelley, 24, of Annapolis and Cornell Robinson, 44, of Washington, D.C. are being held at the Annapolis Police Department. Charges are pending.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 410-268-9000.
Other Local News:
- 37 Baltimore Co. Schools Closed Monday Due To New AC Policy
- New Non-Invasive Treatment Helping Essential Tremors Sufferers
- Rev. Dr. Frank Reid III Delivers Final Sermon at Bethel AME
- First Warning WX: Tropical Depression Could Bring Large Swells Along Coast
- NTSB Releases Preliminary Report on Virginia Plane Crash