ROSEDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A man is dead after his body was found near train tracks in Rosedale.
It happened in the 200-block of Philadelphia Avenue.
Police were called to the area shortly before 6 p.m. Officials say the victim was standing around the train tracks when he was accidentally struck by the train. Police believe he didn’t hear the train coming.
Police say the man was in possession of a stolen four-wheel ATV that broke down next to the tracks just prior to the accident.
The victim was identified as George McAleer, 26, of Baltimore.
Service was interrupted for a time but is now operating at restricted speed.
Police ask people to avoid trespassing on railroad property.
Other Local News:
- Charter Bus Overturns In Weather-Related Accident, Injures 12
- Maryland Boy Credited With Saving Pregnant Mom’s Life After She Collapses In Home
- Report Supports Help For Minorities In Medical Pot Business
- Overturned Fuel Truck In PG County; Hazmat On Scene
- ‘Broadway Is Coming To Baltimore’; Hippodrome Reveals Lineup For 2019