ROSEDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A man is dead after his body was found near train tracks in Rosedale.
It happened in the 200-block of Philadelphia Avenue.
Police were called to the area shortly before 6 p.m. Officials say the victim was standing around the train tracks when he was accidentally struck by the train. Police believe he didn’t hear the train coming.
Police say the man was in possession of a stolen four-wheel ATV that broke down next to the tracks just prior to the accident.
The victim was identified as George McAleer, 26, of Baltimore.
Service was interrupted for a time but is now operating at restricted speed.
Police ask people to avoid trespassing on railroad property.
Other Local News:
- Meet WJZ’s 2017 Black History Oratory Competition Winner: Jeremiah Pearl
- City Council Asking State To Turn Over Control Of Baltimore PD
- First Baltimore City Public School Student Wins Full-Tuition Scholarship To Stevenson
- Maryland’s Cardin Hits Trump On Russia Policy, Immigration
- Faith, Immigrant Groups Rally For Maryland Mom Facing Deportation