ROSEDALE, Md. (WJZ) — A man is dead after his body was found near train tracks in Rosedale.
It happened in the 200-block of Philadelphia Avenue.
Police were called to the area shortly before 6 p.m. Officials say the victim was standing around the train tracks when he was accidentally struck by the train. Police believe he didn’t hear the train coming.
Police say the man was in possession of a stolen four-wheel ATV that broke down next to the tracks just prior to the accident.
The victim was identified as George McAleer, 26, of Baltimore.
Service was interrupted for a time but is now operating at restricted speed.
Police ask people to avoid trespassing on railroad property.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Mayor to Gavel DNC Convention Amid Party Chair’s Resignation
- Md. Man Charged In Sexual Assault; Univ. of Florida Football Walk-On Stopped the Attack
- Tip Helps Police Identify, Arrest Fatal Carjacking Suspect
- Maryland Live Casino Sues MGM Over High-Roller Lists
- Heat Index Could Make It Feel Like 109 Degrees in Md. Today