I think it is important for the Ravens to keep Eugene Monroe, and I assume they will. However, I wouldn’t break the bank for him, and I doubt they will.
If they thought it was make or break, they would have franchised him. However, that would have been a mistake. He is not a great tackle. He is a good tackle. If he was great, Jacksonville would not have drafted his replacement. The Ravens never did that with Ogden. They had their guy and kept him.
Monroe might get overpaid in free agency, but I hope it is not by the Ravens. If you overpay him, you have to skimp someplace else. I know his wife is from here, but come on, is that a huge factor? My wife would like to live near her parents in Texas, but this is where the money is, so this is where we work. Might he stay here for a “little” less, sure, but millions, I doubt it.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- This Year’s NFL Draft Crop Is Loaded On Defense
- Jeremy Conn: Things To Like/Dislike About The Ravens’ 2017 Schedule
- Ravens Fan To Announce The First Draft Pick Thanks To Make-A-Wish
- Report: NFL Ignored Warnings From Gov’t, Improperly Prescribed Painkillers To Players
- Ravens 2017 Schedule: The Good And The Bad