I think it is important for the Ravens to keep Eugene Monroe, and I assume they will. However, I wouldn’t break the bank for him, and I doubt they will.
If they thought it was make or break, they would have franchised him. However, that would have been a mistake. He is not a great tackle. He is a good tackle. If he was great, Jacksonville would not have drafted his replacement. The Ravens never did that with Ogden. They had their guy and kept him.
Monroe might get overpaid in free agency, but I hope it is not by the Ravens. If you overpay him, you have to skimp someplace else. I know his wife is from here, but come on, is that a huge factor? My wife would like to live near her parents in Texas, but this is where the money is, so this is where we work. Might he stay here for a “little” less, sure, but millions, I doubt it.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Ravens Tweet And Delete Creepy Image Featuring Queen Elizabeth
- Ravens Intend To Keep Winning During First Trip To London
- New School, New Start: Ravens Pitch In To Renovate Renaissance Academy
- Ravens Will Rely On Defense As Offense Adjusts Without Yanda
- Pro-Kaepernick Rally Held Outside Ravens Stadium Before Sunday’s Game