I think it is important for the Ravens to keep Eugene Monroe, and I assume they will. However, I wouldn’t break the bank for him, and I doubt they will.
If they thought it was make or break, they would have franchised him. However, that would have been a mistake. He is not a great tackle. He is a good tackle. If he was great, Jacksonville would not have drafted his replacement. The Ravens never did that with Ogden. They had their guy and kept him.
Monroe might get overpaid in free agency, but I hope it is not by the Ravens. If you overpay him, you have to skimp someplace else. I know his wife is from here, but come on, is that a huge factor? My wife would like to live near her parents in Texas, but this is where the money is, so this is where we work. Might he stay here for a “little” less, sure, but millions, I doubt it.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Joe Flacco And Wife Welcome First Baby Girl
- Eminem, OneRepublic, All Time Low & More Team Up for NFL T-shirt Line
- Bold Predictions: Wentz Takes Eagles To Super Bowl, Ravens Win AFC North, Browns 0-16
- Clifton Brown Of Comcast Sportsnet On The Ravens 3-0 Start To The Season
- Unbeaten Ravens Win The Close Ones Against Struggling Foes