I think it is important for the Ravens to keep Eugene Monroe, and I assume they will. However, I wouldn’t break the bank for him, and I doubt they will.
If they thought it was make or break, they would have franchised him. However, that would have been a mistake. He is not a great tackle. He is a good tackle. If he was great, Jacksonville would not have drafted his replacement. The Ravens never did that with Ogden. They had their guy and kept him.
Monroe might get overpaid in free agency, but I hope it is not by the Ravens. If you overpay him, you have to skimp someplace else. I know his wife is from here, but come on, is that a huge factor? My wife would like to live near her parents in Texas, but this is where the money is, so this is where we work. Might he stay here for a “little” less, sure, but millions, I doubt it.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Under Armour, Ravens Donate Money For Free After-School Bus Rides
- Brandon Tierney Of CBS Sports On Whether Or Not The Ravens Should Pursue Victor Cruz In Free Agency
- Ravens Need To Figure Out Their ‘Complementary Receiver’
- Ray Lewis Headlines Hall of Fame’s Class Of 2018 Nominees
- Preston Says Flacco Needs ‘To Step It Up’ With New Ammunition