BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—A Pasadena man is under arrested after falsely reporting an armed robbery.
Police say Allen Edward Taylor, 47, reported an unknown suspect robbed him at gunpoint and took his money around 11 a.m. Tuesday. He said the suspect then ran through an open field toward the Brookwood Road area.
Officers canvassed the area with K-9 and the Baltimore Police Department’s Aviation unit but found no suspect.
Investigators later found that the alleged robbery did not occur.
Taylor admitted that the robbery didn’t happen.
He is charged with making a false statement to police.
Other Local News:
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Charging Hover Board Causes Fire At Baltimore School
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify
- Some 35K People Petition Mayor To Fire Housing Commissioner
- Maryland Lawmaker Moves To Decriminalize Drugs Like Heroin