BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—A Pasadena man is under arrested after falsely reporting an armed robbery.
Police say Allen Edward Taylor, 47, reported an unknown suspect robbed him at gunpoint and took his money around 11 a.m. Tuesday. He said the suspect then ran through an open field toward the Brookwood Road area.
Officers canvassed the area with K-9 and the Baltimore Police Department’s Aviation unit but found no suspect.
Investigators later found that the alleged robbery did not occur.
Taylor admitted that the robbery didn’t happen.
He is charged with making a false statement to police.
Other Local News:
- Md. Native Michael Phelps Opens Up About Battle With Depression
- 8-Year-Old Arrested, Charged For Bringing Loaded Gun To Md. School
- 2 Charged In Shooting At Montgomery Co. Mall
- Police Investigating 2 Road Rage Incidents Hours Apart In Anne Arundel Co.
- Hopkins University Student Assaulted At Campus Bus Stop