BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—A Pasadena man is under arrested after falsely reporting an armed robbery.
Police say Allen Edward Taylor, 47, reported an unknown suspect robbed him at gunpoint and took his money around 11 a.m. Tuesday. He said the suspect then ran through an open field toward the Brookwood Road area.
Officers canvassed the area with K-9 and the Baltimore Police Department’s Aviation unit but found no suspect.
Investigators later found that the alleged robbery did not occur.
Taylor admitted that the robbery didn’t happen.
He is charged with making a false statement to police.
Other Local News:
- All 3 Suspects In Locust Point Murder In Custody
- Reward For Info On Baltimore Detective’s Killer Reaches $190,000
- Highest-Ranking Officer Involved In Gray’s Arrest Found Not Guilty Of Administrative Charges
- Police: Go Fund Me Pages For Family Of Slain Cop Not Authentic
- Woman And Two Children Shot At While Stopped At An Intersection