Woman Robbed Of Purse At Knifepoint In Brooklyn Park
Get Breaking News First
BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—A woman was robbed of her purse at knifepoint in Brooklyn Park.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 200-block of Townsend Avenue.
The 29-year-old female victim said she parked her SUV in the driveway, opened her driver’s side door and began to exit her vehicle when an unknown male suspect approached her asked for the time. As she looked away for the time, the suspect began to pull her purse off of her left shoulder. The female victim pulled back on the purse trying to prevent the suspect from getting it. The suspect then displayed a folding knife and the victim let go of the purse.
The suspect fled on foot eastbound on Townsend Avenue towards Baltimore City.
A lookout was broadcast for the suspect and was also given to the Baltimore Police Department. The suspect was not located.
The victim’s purse was later recovered and she refused medical attention.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- 17-Year-Old Boy Faces Child Porn Charges After Posting Explicit Pictures On Instagram
- Dem O’s Are Causing Playoff Fever, Hon!
- Family: Did Police Play A Role In Son’s Death?
- Police: Man Robbed And Stabbed By Group Of Teenagers In Baltimore City
- Horseshoe Casino Opens Soon; Residents Already Dreading Traffic