BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—A woman was robbed of her purse at knifepoint in Brooklyn Park.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 200-block of Townsend Avenue.
The 29-year-old female victim said she parked her SUV in the driveway, opened her driver’s side door and began to exit her vehicle when an unknown male suspect approached her asked for the time. As she looked away for the time, the suspect began to pull her purse off of her left shoulder. The female victim pulled back on the purse trying to prevent the suspect from getting it. The suspect then displayed a folding knife and the victim let go of the purse.
The suspect fled on foot eastbound on Townsend Avenue towards Baltimore City.
A lookout was broadcast for the suspect and was also given to the Baltimore Police Department. The suspect was not located.
The victim’s purse was later recovered and she refused medical attention.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Multi-Vehicle Wreck Has Traffic Backed Up On I-95
- Egg Game Brings Md. School Jimmy Fallon Shoutout, $13K Donation
- Sun Investigation: Baltimore PD Set To Exceed Overtime Budget By $30 Million
- Trump Awards Purple Heart At Walter Reed Military Hospital
- Medical Professionals Honored at 28th Annual Shock Trauma Gala