Ravens Offensive Lineman Jah Reid Arrested On Battery Charges
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Another Ravens player finds himself in trouble with the law.
Offensive lineman Jah Reid was arrested in Key West, Fla. early Sunday morning.
He is charged with two misdemeanor counts of battery.
The Ravens released a statement saying, “We have learned of the situation and are gathering information.”
Police tell WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun, that Reid and another man got into a fight at the Red Garter Saloon with several others.
The fight then escalated into a confrontation with security officials.
Reid is the third Ravens player to find himself in handcuffs lately.
Running back Ray Rice and receiver Deonte Thompson both were arrested in the last few weeks.
No court date has been set for Reid.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Ray Rice Pleading For 2nd Chance In NFL: ‘I’m A Rehabilitated Man’
- Baltimore Police Solving Disturbingly Low Number Of The City’s Murders
- Md. Lawmaker Focus Of Major Media Campaign On Iran Nuclear Deal
- Rep. Cummings: ‘Black Lives Have To Matter To Black People’
- Howard Co. Home Catches Fire After Lightning Strike