Md. Woman To Plead Guilty In Death Of 2-Year-Old
Get Breaking News First
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — An Annapolis woman charged with murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter will plead guilty to second-degree murder and likely be committed to a mental health facility indefinitely.
Chelsea Michelle Booth, 26, will plead guilty at a hearing on May 2. Booth was previously found incompetent to stand trial. But she was found competent during a court hearing Friday.
Booth’s daughter, Kassidey, went missing in 2013. Police say Booth told them she smothered her daughter and then disposed of her body. Booth believed the toddler was cursed and possessed by an evil spirit.
Under a deal struck between prosecutors and defense attorneys Booth will be found “not criminally responsible” for the crime because of her mental condition.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Man Arrested In Connection With Rosedale Double Fatal Stabbing
- At Least 3 Montgomery Co. Students Confirmed To Have Whooping Cough
- Coworker Found Disturbing Images That Launched Dr. Levy Investigation
- Quilt Shares The Stories Of Survivors Of Sexual Assault
- 2 Men Wanted In Connection With Severn Stabbing