SANDY POINT, Md. (WJZ)— High wind is restricting traffic on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Maryland officials say two-way travel is unlikely Wednesday afternoon.
A Wind Advisory is in effect from 6 p.m. Wednesday until 11 a.m. Thursday. Northwest wind speeds are expected to be between 20 and 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
Wind Restriction I is currently in effect on the Bay Bridge. That means house trailers, empty box trailers or any vehicle that, in the opinion of law-enforcement personnel, may not safely cross the bridge will be prohibited from traveling.
Officials say two-way traffic–during which one lane of eastbound traffic is directed to the westbound span–is unlikely.
Drivers may experience delays during Wednesday evening’s rush-hour period.
Other Local News:
- Corruption Trial Of Baltimore Police Officers Underway
- Police Department Holds Meeting For Recent String Of Baltimore Co. Burglaries
- Redevelopment Of Southeast Baltimore Warehouse Still Expected Following Nov. Fire
- Organization Calls On Md. Lawmakers To Have Convicted Domestic Abusers Turn In Guns
- Baltimore PD Officials In Charge Of Reform, Implementing Consent Decree Resign