Police Arrest Brooklyn Park Man After Seizing Cocaine, Marijuana & Money
BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—Police arrest a Brooklyn Park man after searching him and seizing cocaine and marijuana.
It happened Wednesday around 9 a.m. when a patrol officer in Brooklyn Park saw a blue Ford Taurus leaving a known drug area and proceeding southbound on Ritchie Highway.
Officers say the car committed a traffic violation in the area of Ritchie Highway and 16th Avenue, so they conducted a traffic stop. The Ford Taurus was being driven by a female driver and was also occupied by Detrick Aliahjuan Parker, 20, in the front seat.
Officers searched both the vehicle and its occupants, finding four individual plastic baggies with suspected cocaine and marijuana on Parker, who was placed under arrest.
The approximate total weight of the suspected cocaine seized was 20.29 grams with a street value of approximately $2,000. The suspected marijuana weighed approximately four grams with an approximate street value of $80. Additionally, $225 was seized from Parker.
Parker was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, as well as possession of cocaine and marijuana.
Other Local News:
- O’Malley Readying Presidential Announcement In Baltimore
- Some Asking City Leaders To Issue State Of Emergency
- Laser Strikes A Dangerous Trend Pilots Say Happening Far Too Often
- Man Who Received Face Transplant Meets With Md. Family That Made It Possible
- Baltimore Police Search For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl