BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—Police arrest a Brooklyn Park man after searching him and seizing cocaine and marijuana.
It happened Wednesday around 9 a.m. when a patrol officer in Brooklyn Park saw a blue Ford Taurus leaving a known drug area and proceeding southbound on Ritchie Highway.
Officers say the car committed a traffic violation in the area of Ritchie Highway and 16th Avenue, so they conducted a traffic stop. The Ford Taurus was being driven by a female driver and was also occupied by Detrick Aliahjuan Parker, 20, in the front seat.
Officers searched both the vehicle and its occupants, finding four individual plastic baggies with suspected cocaine and marijuana on Parker, who was placed under arrest.
The approximate total weight of the suspected cocaine seized was 20.29 grams with a street value of approximately $2,000. The suspected marijuana weighed approximately four grams with an approximate street value of $80. Additionally, $225 was seized from Parker.
Parker was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, as well as possession of cocaine and marijuana.
Other Local News:
- Medical Professionals Honored at 28th Annual Shock Trauma Gala
- Police: Maryland Officer Shoots Woman Riding in Stolen Car
- First Responders Celebrated; Towson Teacher Remembers Boston Bombing
- Anne Arundel Co. Closer to Getting Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- Trump Awards Purple Heart at Walter Reed Military Hospital