Police Arrest Brooklyn Park Man After Seizing Cocaine, Marijuana & Money
Get Breaking News First
BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)—Police arrest a Brooklyn Park man after searching him and seizing cocaine and marijuana.
It happened Wednesday around 9 a.m. when a patrol officer in Brooklyn Park saw a blue Ford Taurus leaving a known drug area and proceeding southbound on Ritchie Highway.
Officers say the car committed a traffic violation in the area of Ritchie Highway and 16th Avenue, so they conducted a traffic stop. The Ford Taurus was being driven by a female driver and was also occupied by Detrick Aliahjuan Parker, 20, in the front seat.
Officers searched both the vehicle and its occupants, finding four individual plastic baggies with suspected cocaine and marijuana on Parker, who was placed under arrest.
The approximate total weight of the suspected cocaine seized was 20.29 grams with a street value of approximately $2,000. The suspected marijuana weighed approximately four grams with an approximate street value of $80. Additionally, $225 was seized from Parker.
Parker was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, as well as possession of cocaine and marijuana.
Other Local News:
- Gov. O’Malley Talks Immigration With Faith Leaders
- 1,000 Horseshoe Casino Employees Report For First Day
- Mayor Cuts The Ribbon To Baltimore City’s 1st New Rec Center In 10 Years
- Hopkins Expert: No Cure, Vaccine For Ebola Contracted By 2 American Volunteers In Africa
- Woody Harrelson Hosts Charity Dinner At Black Olive