The Ravens have spent free agency re-signing many of their own players. They have also recently added wide receiver Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers. Clifton Brown (@CliftonBrownCSN) joined Zinno on “Last Call” to talk about the moves. Brown knows that it was a big priority for the Ravens to re-sign their own players like Dennis Pitta and Eugene Monroe.
Steve Smith is a good signing for the Ravens, Brown said. Despite his age and his production declining, Smith will bring a toughness that has been missing from the offense since Anquan Boldin was traded. And even though there were more pressing needs for the Ravens on the offensive line, the Ravens said that they wanted to get more weapons for the offense after last year’s limited production.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- AP: NFL Didn’t Learn Its Lesson After Ray Rice Incident
- Phil Gentile Of Purple Reign Shares Week 7 Fantasy Football Preview
- Survivors Sip And Paint For Breast Cancer With The Ravens
- Ravens Rank In Top 10 For ESPN’s Ultimate NFL Standings
- Rob Pizzola Predicts Weekend Outcomes For NFL And College Football