LEONARDTOWN, Md. (WJZ) – A woman and her boyfriend are hospitalized after an apparent attempted murder-suicide in St. Mary’s County.
Shortly after 8:30 p.m. Monday, Maryland State Police at the Leonardtown Barrack received a 911 call for a reported stabbing at an apartment in the 22000-block of Washington Street in Leonardtown.
When troopers arrived, they were met by 32-year-old James Young and 34-year-old Lashawn Hurley, who were coming down the stairs to the apartment. Hurley told troopers Young had stabbed her and the knife was still in her back. Troopers saw what appeared to be the blade portion of a knife protruding from the victim’s back. Young told troopers he had ingested an unknown amount of pills in an apparent suicide attempt.
Two ambulances transported Hurley and Young to Medstar St. Mary’s Hospital, where Young is being guarded by troopers while he undergoes treatment. Charges against him are pending.
Hurley was later transferred to the Prince George’s Hospital Center.
Both are expected to survive.
The preliminary investigation indicates Hurley and Young have lived together at the apartment for about four years. A motive has not been determined at this time.
The investigation is continuing.
Other Local News:
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 2 Major Developments Could Reshape The U.S. Opioid Crisis
- Md. Leaders Looking To Develop Maglev Partnership, Bring Amazon HQ2 To A ‘Transit Friendly’ Baltimore
- New Thurgood Marshall Movie Based On Book By Baltimore Attorney
- Scientists Find Origin Of Gold In 130-Million-Year Old Star Collision