LEONARDTOWN, Md. (WJZ) – A woman and her boyfriend are hospitalized after an apparent attempted murder-suicide in St. Mary’s County.
Shortly after 8:30 p.m. Monday, Maryland State Police at the Leonardtown Barrack received a 911 call for a reported stabbing at an apartment in the 22000-block of Washington Street in Leonardtown.
When troopers arrived, they were met by 32-year-old James Young and 34-year-old Lashawn Hurley, who were coming down the stairs to the apartment. Hurley told troopers Young had stabbed her and the knife was still in her back. Troopers saw what appeared to be the blade portion of a knife protruding from the victim’s back. Young told troopers he had ingested an unknown amount of pills in an apparent suicide attempt.
Two ambulances transported Hurley and Young to Medstar St. Mary’s Hospital, where Young is being guarded by troopers while he undergoes treatment. Charges against him are pending.
Hurley was later transferred to the Prince George’s Hospital Center.
Both are expected to survive.
The preliminary investigation indicates Hurley and Young have lived together at the apartment for about four years. A motive has not been determined at this time.
The investigation is continuing.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Students Hang With Orioles Players At Annual Christmas Party
- ‘Waitress’ Musical Holds Auditions In Baltimore
- 1 Former, 3 Current Fallston Firefighters Face Charges In Sexual Assault Case
- Elderly Woman Killed In Northeast Baltimore Hit And Run, Police Seeking Driver
- Alert Lifted For Owings Mills Schools After Nearby Chinese Restaurant Robbery