19-Year Veteran Baltimore Cop Charged With Soliciting Sex From 14-Year-Old Girl
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Howard County Police have charged a 19-year veteran Baltimore police officer with sex offenses against a teenage girl.
Charles William Hagee, 44, of Columbia, was arrested Wednesday morning at Baltimore police headquarters and will be charged with third- and fourth-degree sexual offense and sexual solicitation of a minor.
Howard County Police received a tip regarding the prostitution of a 14-year-old girl in Columbia. Detectives believe Hagee contacted the girl through a phone number posted to an online prostitution advertisement. Police believe the two exchanged text messages before meeting at his home and engaging in sexual activity on three separate occasions between January and May 2013.
The Baltimore Police Department has confirmed Hagee, a 19-year veteran assigned to the Special Enforcement Section, has been suspended without pay.
The investigation is ongoing.
Police encourage anyone who may have been a victim or has additional information about Hagee to contact police at 410-313-2630.
Other Local News:
- City Officials Unveils 6-Week Criminal Justice Camp For Youngsters
- Ravens’ John Urschel NFL Pro By Day, Math Wiz By Night
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, May Be Headed To Baltimore Halfway House
- Md. Announces Rare Birth Of 5 Cubs To 1 Black Bear
- Reward Offered In Shooting Of Goodwill Store Security Guard