MTA Officer Who Gave Woman Ride Home From Bus Crash Scene Charged With Rape
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)— Police charge an MTA officer with raping a woman after giving her a ride home from an accident scene, according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Maryland Transit Administration Officer Martez Johnson, 26, has been charged with rape and assault, a city police spokesman said.
Last Thursday, police say Johnson responded to an accident in which the victim’s vehicle was struck by an MTA bus.
He gave the victim a ride home, walked her to the front door and forced his way inside her home, pushed her onto her couch and raped her, according to the statement of probable cause.
She read the name “Johnson” on his badge and called 911. She later identified the officer in a photo array.
Other Local News:
- Report: Man Who Died In Police Custody Consumed Cocaine Prior To Arrest
- AACO Top Cop Addresses Police Mistrust Following Michael Brown Shooting
- Woman Holding Baby Claims She Was Tased By Police; Officers Refute Story
- Forbes Ranks Ravens Fans Among Best In The NFL
- Maryland To Share $75M In Bank Of America Mortgage Fraud Settlement