TOWSON, Md. (WJZ)– Police are investigating after a construction worker, who was directing traffic, was struck by a car in Towson.
It happened Friday around 10:15 a.m. at Stevenson Lane and Stanmore Road.
The initial investigation finds that Olegario Morales-Reyes, 21, was wearing a hard hat and reflective vest when he was standing on westbound Stevenson Lane directing traffic through a construction zone using a stop sign.
At the time of the collision, the Bladensburg resident was holding the stop sign up to stop westbound traffic on Stevenson Lane and had his back to westbound traffic.
A 2013 Honda CRV traveling westbound on Stevenson Lane failed to stop and struck the pedestrian.
The driver remained at the scene.
Silver was transported to Shock Trauma for treatment of life threatening injuries.
Other Local News:
- University Of Md. Campus Police Accused Of Racism
- Maryland Officials Discuss Zika Virus Prevention
- Several Students Injured In Baltimore School Bus Crash
- Baltimore Police Investigate After 2 Fatally Killed At The Alameda
- Ray Rice Discusses Life Lessons With Ravens Rookies
***Editor’s Note: Olegario Morales-Reyes died at Shock Trauma on March 30.***