The question about Manny Machado isn’t if he will return to the Orioles lineup, it’s about why we as fans aren’t freaked out as much as we should be. Or at least we aren’t worried as much as we should. But you get the picture.
Are we downplaying the knee injury to one of the best young players in the game? Maybe.
Is it because the injury is relatively minor?
Is it that if he misses time it seems only weeks of 162 games?
Is it that he’s young and we assume resilient?
I’m not sure I can come up with a reason the Baltimore baseball fan base shouldn’t be more concerned.
Remember how sketchy info was. No Surgery then surgery then “2nd opinion” here and “just checking on this” there. One saying this, the other saying similar… then different. Running then not. Now running but not ready.
I’m getting nervous.
Or should I be cool? I feel with a player the level of Manny Machado we should be ok pins and needles… Or am I crazy?
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Rick Dempsey On The Orioles Roster Picture Clearing Up As Opening Day Approaches
- Orioles Auctioning Orange Spring Training Jerseys For Charity
- Orioles Announce Kevin Gausman As Opening Day Starter
- Roch Kubatko Of MASN Sports On Possibilities For The Orioles Opening Day Roster
- Baltimore’s Adam Jones is Back from Team USA