ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Navy RB Will McKamey passed away Tuesday. He had been in a coma following a brain injury.
McKamey collapsed during football practice on Saturday.
“We are all so very heartbroken by the death of Midshipman Will McKamey. This is devastating news for his family, his classmates, his teammates and the entire Naval Academy family. We offer our deepest condolences to Will’s family, friends and shipmates in the wake of this tragedy,” Naval Academy Superintendent Vice Admiral Michael Miller said.
“During this most difficult of times, first and foremost, our prayers and thoughts turn to Randy, Kara and their beautiful family,” said Navy Head Football Coach Ken Niumatalolo. “Our deepest and most sincere condolences go out to their entire family and friends. As our Navy football family mourns the loss of one of our brothers, we also celebrate and honor his life. He loved his family, his friends and his teammates.”
Funeral arrangements are pending.
Other Local News:
- Police: Md. High School Student’s Diary Reveals Mass Shooting Plot
- Trump Administration Pushed to Speak Out Against Hate Crimes
- Only A Few Seconds Of Body Cam Footage In Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting Released
- Local Breweries Rally Against Legislation Affecting Taproom Hours
- Baltimore Police Find Guardians of 2 Young Boys