Navy RB Passes Away After Brain Injury
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Navy RB Will McKamey passed away Tuesday. He had been in a coma following a brain injury.
McKamey collapsed during football practice on Saturday.
“We are all so very heartbroken by the death of Midshipman Will McKamey. This is devastating news for his family, his classmates, his teammates and the entire Naval Academy family. We offer our deepest condolences to Will’s family, friends and shipmates in the wake of this tragedy,” Naval Academy Superintendent Vice Admiral Michael Miller said.
“During this most difficult of times, first and foremost, our prayers and thoughts turn to Randy, Kara and their beautiful family,” said Navy Head Football Coach Ken Niumatalolo. “Our deepest and most sincere condolences go out to their entire family and friends. As our Navy football family mourns the loss of one of our brothers, we also celebrate and honor his life. He loved his family, his friends and his teammates.”
Funeral arrangements are pending.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Business Damaged In Riots Reopens 4 Months Later
- Teen Charged With Raping 9-Year-Old Girl At State Fair
- 4-Year-Old Dies In Baltimore Apartment Fire; 3 Others Hospitalized
- New Blood Test Can Reveal Breast Cancer Well Before Tumor Grows
- Md. Org. Calling For Stricter Gun Laws After Tragic TV Shooting