Rober Lytle, specializes in complex civil litigation and criminal defense in both state and federal court. Robert joined Ed and Steve to discuss the current situation with Ray Rice.
Robert says that the difference between a simple assault and aggravated assault in the third degree is the injury that the victim sustains. The fact that Ms. Palmer might have been unconscious is what brought the charges up to the third degree. Just to clarify, third degree charges are NOT as significant as first degree charges.
Robert goes on to say that there are two types of sentences, jail and county. Ray is entitled of presumption of non conviction which means since he doesn’t have any previous convictions that the judge might allow Ray to just go on probation.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- NFL Play 60 and Ravens Fuel Up Kids to Be Healthy
- Ravens Team Grades: Baltimore Dominates Dolphins In Best Performance Of Season
- Mike Preston Grades The Ravens Dominating 38-6 Win Over The Dolphins
- Joe Flacco, Ravens Just Had Their Best Best Game Of The Year
- Ravens Showed Dominance In 38-6 Win Over Dolphins