Rober Lytle, specializes in complex civil litigation and criminal defense in both state and federal court. Robert joined Ed and Steve to discuss the current situation with Ray Rice.
Robert says that the difference between a simple assault and aggravated assault in the third degree is the injury that the victim sustains. The fact that Ms. Palmer might have been unconscious is what brought the charges up to the third degree. Just to clarify, third degree charges are NOT as significant as first degree charges.
Robert goes on to say that there are two types of sentences, jail and county. Ray is entitled of presumption of non conviction which means since he doesn’t have any previous convictions that the judge might allow Ray to just go on probation.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Ravens To Participate In Celebrity Waiter Night
- Bold Predictions: Wentz Takes Eagles To Super Bowl, Ravens Win AFC North, Browns 0-16
- Clifton Brown Of Comcast Sportsnet On The Ravens 3-0 Start To The Season
- Unbeaten Ravens Win The Close Ones Against Struggling Foes
- Jaguars’ Jalen Ramsey, Ravens’ Steve Smith Trade Jabs