UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Some Asking City Leaders To Issue State Of Emergency
- Laser Strikes A Dangerous Trend Pilots Say Happening Far Too Often
- Man Who Received Face Transplant Meets With Md. Family That Made It Possible
- Baltimore Police Search For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl
- Surge In May Violence Baltimore’s Deadliest In Nearly 2 Decades