UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Dulles Stepping Up Screenings To Keep Ebola Out Of The U.S.
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Man Struck In Annapolis Taken To Hospital With Serious Injuries