UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shutdown, Effective Immediately
- Feds Won’t Reverse Denial Of Baltimore Riot Disaster Aid
- Police: Girl, 3, Fatally Shot At Housing Complex In DC
- Police Track Vehicle Theft Suspect Via Current Location Of Stolen iPad
- Baltimore’s Monthly Homicide Count Reaches A High Again