BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Ex-UVA Athlete Moving Forward
- Md. Man Who Killed Girlfriend In Target Parking Lot Gets Life
- US: Ex-Contractor Committed ‘Breathtaking’ Theft of Secrets
- Baltimore Co. Urges Residents To Get Free Flu Shots Saturday
- Police Still Searching For Baltimore Woman With Dementia