UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Suspects Already Charged In Death Of Arnesha Bowers Indicted
- D.C. Stop Of Pope Francis Trip Includes White House, Congress
- Thousands Still Without Water In Baltimore City, County
- Warning To Parents: Do Not Leave Children Alone In Hot Car
- Md. Officials Continue Crackdown On Illegal Crabbing