UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Remains Found May Belong To Missing University Of Virginia Student
- Judge Lifts Suspension Of Dunbar High Coach After Hazing Allegations
- Missing Teen Found Unharmed
- Weather Service: Tornado Touched Down In Maryland
- City Students Stay Fit, Have Fun With Ravens