BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Science Groups to Congress: Climate Change Is Real Threat
- 18-Year-Old Dies After Being Shot In Passenger Seat Of Car In Baltimore
- Police Seek Two Persons Of Interest In Shooting Of Laurel Teen
- Investigation Continues Into Death Of Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota
- Maryland’s First Responders Get Active Shooter Training