BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Arrest 21-Year Old Murder Suspect
- Police Searching For A Man Suspected Of Robbing Pharmacies
- 30 Displaced After Fire Rips Through Apartment Building
- 18 People Hurt In 6 Car Collision On I-95 Northbound
- Baltimore Farmers’ Market Begins Its 40th Season