UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- UPDATE: Amtrak Service Restored, MARC Limited
- Baltimore Police Investigating $35M Brutality Lawsuit After Video Surfaces
- Orioles History: 45 Years Ago The Team Clinched Title At Home
- Tall Ships Sail Off As Star-Spangled Spectacular Ends
- False Alarm: No Hazardous Device Found In Parkville Home