BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating Shooting In Odenton
- SpaceX Launches Rocket From Historic NASA Moon Shot Pad
- Prince George’s Co. Police Department Mourns Loss Of K9 Officer
- Bill Introduced To Reinstate Death Penalty In Maryland
- Baltimore Boot Camp Teaches Valuable Manufacturing Skills