UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Co-worker Charged In Beating Death Of Brooklyn Park Popeyes Employee
- Video Allegedly Shows Beheading Of U.S. Journalist Steven Sotloff By ISIS
- Experts Warn Homeowners To Beware Of Rotting Trees
- 7 Injured When Apartment Deck Collapses At College Party In Towson
- Frederick County Residents Unhappy With Idea Of New Gun Range