BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Boy Linked to Florida Amber Alert Found Safe In Md.; Father Wanted
- Convicted Attempted Murderer Killed in State Prison
- Sheriff Won’t Step Down Amid Alleged Racism And Sexism
- Police: Father Killed Wife, Son In College Park Murder-Suicide
- Silver Spring Man Arrested With Gun at BWI