UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Michael Phelps Arrested For DUI In Baltimore City
- Man Arrested At BWI After Caught With Loaded Gun
- Bill Clinton To Attend Lt. Gov. Brown’s Gubernatorial Campaign Fundraiser
- Maryland Looks At Ending Lifetime Casino Ban
- Md. Police Expand Search For Missing Autistic Man