UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Md. Man Sentenced For Rockfish Poaching
- K-9 Officer Sentenced To 20 Months For Role In BGF Conspiracy
- Comptroller, Governor And First Lady To Recognize Artists
- Police: Alcohol A Factor In Crash That Kills Woman In Md.
- Pot Fight Between D.C. Mayor, Congress Could Cost The City