BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Health Officials Investigating Confirmed Case Of Measles In Maryland
- Don Mohler Voted As Interim Baltimore County Executive
- Baltimore Police Searching For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy
- Baltimore’s Youth Curfew Begins Memorial Day Weekend
- Lawyers: Dawnta Harris ‘Panicked,’ ‘Did Not Intend’ To Kill Amy Caprio