UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, May Be Headed To Baltimore Halfway House
- 2 Baltimore County Firefighters Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- Former Md. Platoon Mate Glad Bergdahl Charged With Military Crimes
- Powdered Alcohol Stirring Up Controversy In Md.
- Maryland Ranked 1st On Getting To Work Last