UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Dallas Nurse Nina Pham To Be Released From NIH
- Feds Probe Frederick Midair Crash That Killed 3
- UMd. Tracking Cases Of Viral Meningitis
- Baltimore Man Wins $3.9M In Negligence Case
- MTA Officer Convicted In 2012 Assault Involving 3