BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Police Looking For Additional Victims In Baltimore Veterinarian Animal Abuse Case
- Fire Damages Vacant Baltimore Building By Community Center
- Police Find Missing 14-Year-Old Boy
- Baltimore Police Looking For Man Missing Since Early December
- Planning Board OKs Marriott’s $600M Maryland Headquarters