UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Police Arrest Glen Burnie Man Over 2 Pounds Of Pot
- Md. Astronaut Speaks With WJZ From Space!
- Local Veterans Sound Off After Latest Round of VA Woes
- Ravens Fans Thirsty For Football Season Watch Open Practice
- 1 Person Taken To Hospital After Minor Fire Reported At M&T Bank Stadium