UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- Wake Underway For Freddie Gray
- Cleanup Begins In Aftermath Of Saturday’s Protest
- 18-Year-Old Killed After Being Shot In The Head In Baltimore
- Baltimore Clergy Issue Call For Peace
- Gas Prices Rise To 8 Cents From A Week Ago