UMUC Announces Layoffs Amid Declining Enrollment Numbers
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The University of Maryland University College announces another round of layoffs amid declining enrollment numbers.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, 70 employees were let go ahead of an expected 6.5 percent enrollment decline next fall.
It’s the first year the university system’s numbers will actually drop since the 1990s.
Online colleges nationwide are having trouble competing with for-profit institutions and free online courses.
Other Local News:
- At Least 2 In Va. Dead After Tornado Touches Down Near Md. Line
- 11 & 14-Year-Old Among 3 Brothers Charged In Stepfather’s Murder
- Hundreds In Baltimore Rally To Show Solidarity With Those In Gaza
- Ray Rice Assault Costs Him 2-Game Suspension And Half A Million Dollars
- BGF Leader Sentenced To 10 Years In Baltimore Jail Racketeering