Suspect In Officer-Involved Shooting Turns Himself Into Police
HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A suspect is arrested in connection with an officer-involved shooting in Anne Arundel County.
Authorities say Andre Nureni, 24, turned himself into police Thursday.
A warrant had been issued for his arrest last month after stealing a vehicle from a pre-owned car dealership in Hanover.
Police say, as Nureni fled, he drove toward an officer, causing a second officer to open fire.
He now faces a number of charges, including burglary and auto theft.
Police continue to investigate the theft and say other suspects are still at large.
Other Local News:
- 28 Shootings, 9 Fatal, Over Memorial Day Weekend In Baltimore
- Fallen Wicomico Co. Native Honored At Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens
- Police Release 4 Detained In Connection With Mansion Murders
- Cause Of Death Of Child In Swing Undetermined After Autopsy
- Anonymous Threat Against Airline Prompts Investigation