HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A suspect is arrested in connection with an officer-involved shooting in Anne Arundel County.
Authorities say Andre Nureni, 24, turned himself into police Thursday.
A warrant had been issued for his arrest last month after stealing a vehicle from a pre-owned car dealership in Hanover.
Police say, as Nureni fled, he drove toward an officer, causing a second officer to open fire.
He now faces a number of charges, including burglary and auto theft.
Police continue to investigate the theft and say other suspects are still at large.
Other Local News:
- Passenger: Police Fired ‘Fatal Shots’ At Car That Caused Security Scare At NSA
- Baltimore Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City By USA Today
- Md. Lawmakers Push Bill To Regulate Prescription Drugs Prices
- Huge Amount Of Debris Washes Into Susquehanna After Rain, Snow Melt
- Cop Found Guilty In Scandal Was Called Out By Local Rapper Years Ago