Suspect In Officer-Involved Shooting Turns Himself Into Police
HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A suspect is arrested in connection with an officer-involved shooting in Anne Arundel County.
Authorities say Andre Nureni, 24, turned himself into police Thursday.
A warrant had been issued for his arrest last month after stealing a vehicle from a pre-owned car dealership in Hanover.
Police say, as Nureni fled, he drove toward an officer, causing a second officer to open fire.
He now faces a number of charges, including burglary and auto theft.
Police continue to investigate the theft and say other suspects are still at large.
Other Local News:
- Christian Retreat Official ‘Heartbroken’ Over Stabbings
- Court Orders EPA To Redo Air-Pollution Limits In 13 States
- Police In West Baltimore Shoot Man After Hitting Officer With His Car
- Administration Wants To Give Prisoners Access To Pell Grants
- Boy Who Lost Limbs To Infection Gets Double-Hand Transplant