BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Zoo is pleased to announce the birth of a Coquerel’s sifaka on March 22.
This is the fourth offspring for sifaka pair Anastasia and Gratian. Otto and Nero, both born in 2011, are now at the Duke Lemur Center; 1-year-old Max is still at the zoo with his parents and new sibling.
Coquerel’s sifaka are lemurs and endangered.
Zoo visitors can see them in the sifaka exhibit inside the Chimpanzee Forest.
Other Local News:
- Hundreds Gather For Women’s Rally in Annapolis
- Passenger: Police Fired ‘Fatal Shots’ At Car That Caused Security Scare At NSA
- Baltimore Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City By USA Today
- Md. Lawmakers Push Bill To Regulate Prescription Drugs Prices
- Huge Amount Of Debris Washes Into Susquehanna After Rain, Snow Melt