Maryland Zoo Announces Birth Of Coquerel’s Sifaka
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Zoo is pleased to announce the birth of a Coquerel’s sifaka on March 22.
This is the fourth offspring for sifaka pair Anastasia and Gratian. Otto and Nero, both born in 2011, are now at the Duke Lemur Center; 1-year-old Max is still at the zoo with his parents and new sibling.
Coquerel’s sifaka are lemurs and endangered.
Zoo visitors can see them in the sifaka exhibit inside the Chimpanzee Forest.
Other Local News:
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’
- Police Body Cameras Coming To Baltimore
- Safari Club Membership Suspended For Hunter In Lion Killing
- Gov. Larry Hogan Expected To Close City Jail
- Civilian Employee For Baltimore Police Dept. Indicted On Possession Of Child Porn