Maryland Zoo Announces Birth Of Coquerel’s Sifaka
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Zoo is pleased to announce the birth of a Coquerel’s sifaka on March 22.
This is the fourth offspring for sifaka pair Anastasia and Gratian. Otto and Nero, both born in 2011, are now at the Duke Lemur Center; 1-year-old Max is still at the zoo with his parents and new sibling.
Coquerel’s sifaka are lemurs and endangered.
Zoo visitors can see them in the sifaka exhibit inside the Chimpanzee Forest.
Other Local News:
- Molly Shattuck Will Not Face Additional Charges In Baltimore County
- Travelers, Be Wary Of Scammers At The Pump This Labor Day Weekend
- 10-Year-Old Latest Victim Of Bloody Summer For Baltimore Youth
- 2 Dulaney High School Students Shot By Pellet Gun Running Cross Country
- Mistrial Declared For Man Accused Of Shooting Off-Duty Officer