BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Zoo is pleased to announce the birth of a Coquerel’s sifaka on March 22.
This is the fourth offspring for sifaka pair Anastasia and Gratian. Otto and Nero, both born in 2011, are now at the Duke Lemur Center; 1-year-old Max is still at the zoo with his parents and new sibling.
Coquerel’s sifaka are lemurs and endangered.
Zoo visitors can see them in the sifaka exhibit inside the Chimpanzee Forest.
Other Local News:
- Antietam Battlefield Set to Glow in Candlelight Event
- Lt. Gov. Rutherford Under Fire For Comments About Hate Speech
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Prince George’s County
- BPD: City Councilwoman Attacked In South Baltimore Parking Garage
- Teen In Bowers Case Found Not Guilty 1st-Degree Premeditated Murder