TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — A student at Goucher College has died from injuries sustained in a hit-and-run. The driver has been charged with driving under the influence.
Matthew Gabriel, 19, was struck early Sunday morning and died Monday at Shock Trauma.
Police say he was crossing Dulaney Valley Road at Southerly Road at 1:44 a.m. Sunday when he was struck by a 2013 Mazda 3 traveling northbound in the right turn lane of Dulaney Valley Road. Gabriel was crossing west to east and was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Kayla Wiseman, 23, of Middle River, was behind the wheel of the Mazda. Police say she did not remain at the scene and was later located and charged on citations with hit-and-run and driving under the influence.
The sophomore from Austin, Texas was a business management and economics double major and a member of the men’s lacrosse team.
The school will hold walk-in counseling services until 7 p.m. Monday and again Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Gabriel’s organs were donated.
Other Local News:
- Experts: To Prevent Sewer ‘Fatbergs,’ Don’t Put Fat, Cooking Oil, Wet Wipes In Pipes
- Account Clerk Accused Of Stealing $169,000 From Maryland Town
- Petition Started To Remove Ray Lewis Statue From Ravens Stadium
- North Carolina’s Outer Banks Brace For Maria
- Baltimore Cat Café — Charm Kitty — Opens This Weekend