TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — A student at Goucher College has died from injuries sustained in a hit-and-run. The driver has been charged with driving under the influence.
Matthew Gabriel, 19, was struck early Sunday morning and died Monday at Shock Trauma.
Police say he was crossing Dulaney Valley Road at Southerly Road at 1:44 a.m. Sunday when he was struck by a 2013 Mazda 3 traveling northbound in the right turn lane of Dulaney Valley Road. Gabriel was crossing west to east and was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Kayla Wiseman, 23, of Middle River, was behind the wheel of the Mazda. Police say she did not remain at the scene and was later located and charged on citations with hit-and-run and driving under the influence.
The sophomore from Austin, Texas was a business management and economics double major and a member of the men’s lacrosse team.
The school will hold walk-in counseling services until 7 p.m. Monday and again Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Gabriel’s organs were donated.
Other Local News:
- Police Arrest Suspect In Murder Of Ikea Jackson
- Howard Co. Police Nab Thieves With Truckful Of Holiday Packages
- Fatal Fire Claims Lives Of 2 Children In Southeast Baltimore
- New City Council Sworn In, Jack Young Sworn As Council President
- Police: Public Enemy #1 Arrested After Tip, Victim Was From Europe