TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — A student at Goucher College has died from injuries sustained in a hit-and-run. The driver has been charged with driving under the influence.
Matthew Gabriel, 19, was struck early Sunday morning and died Monday at Shock Trauma.
Police say he was crossing Dulaney Valley Road at Southerly Road at 1:44 a.m. Sunday when he was struck by a 2013 Mazda 3 traveling northbound in the right turn lane of Dulaney Valley Road. Gabriel was crossing west to east and was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Kayla Wiseman, 23, of Middle River, was behind the wheel of the Mazda. Police say she did not remain at the scene and was later located and charged on citations with hit-and-run and driving under the influence.
The sophomore from Austin, Texas was a business management and economics double major and a member of the men’s lacrosse team.
The school will hold walk-in counseling services until 7 p.m. Monday and again Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Gabriel’s organs were donated.
Other Local News:
- State of Maryland Reaches Settlement In Tyrone West Death Lawsuit
- Emergency Services Director: Kent Island Tornado Looks ‘Like Somebody Steered It… Away From Homes’
- Chaos Erupts At City Hall Hearing For Proposed Gun Bill
- Official: Driver In Smuggling Attempt Part Of Larger Group; Parents Of Deceased Immigrant Live In Md.
- Maryland Man Found Guilty In Killing Of Transgender Woman