CATONSVILLE, Md. (WJZ)—An unmarked Baltimore City police car stolen Friday in Catonsville has been recovered.
A Baltimore City police officer reported the car stolen just after 6:30 a.m. Friday. It was recovered the same day at 6 p.m. in the 900-block of Forwood Drive in Catonsville after someone reported a suspicious vehicle in the area.
The officer says he parked the car in front of a home in the 300-block of Orley Road in Catonsville at around 10:30 p.m. Thursday. But when he returned to where he had parked the vehicle the next morning, it was gone.
A police Taser, police radio, three bags containing miscellaneous police equipment, two magazines containing a total of 28 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition, mace, a police soft vest, police riot helmet and SWAT vest were inside the stolen silver 2014 Chevrolet Impala when it was stolen and were still there when it was recovered.
No firearms or explosive devices were inside.
Other Local News:
- Police: Md. High School Student’s Diary Reveals Mass Shooting Plot
- Trump Administration Pushed to Speak Out Against Hate Crimes
- Only A Few Seconds Of Body Cam Footage In Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting Released
- Local Breweries Rally Against Legislation Affecting Taproom Hours
- Baltimore Police Find Guardians of 2 Young Boys