5 Taken To The Hospital After Megabus Crash Near Havre De Grace
HAVRE DE GRACE, Md. (WJZ) — A Megabus crash in Harford County on I-95 sent five people to the hospital late Friday afternoon.
About 75 passengers were on board the bus, which was headed to New York. State police say five people were transported to Harford Memorial with unknown injuries as a precaution.
Maryland State Police say the crash happened near exit 89 in Havre de Grace when the northbound bus drove onto the right shoulder and struck the guardrail. It remained upright and no other vehicles were involved.
The driver initially indicated there may have been some type of mechanical problem with the bus.
Megabus.com released the following statement:
“Megabus.com is aware that an incident has occurred on Interstate 95 near Webster Village Maryland. We are currently working with local officials to gather details of the incident. Safety is megabus.com’s number one priority.”
Shuttle vehicles are working to move passengers off the interstate until a replacement bus arrives.
State police have not determined the exact cause of the crash and will continue to investigate.
All northbound lanes of the interstate have been reopened.
Other Local News:
- Reports Of Gunfire Spread Panic At Washington Navy Yard
- Concerns About Potential July 4th Terror Attack
- Hit-And-Run Leaves Baltimore Woman Critically Injured In Coma
- Race For Baltimore Mayor In Spotlight After Dixon Declares Candidacy
- Man Accused Of Setting Fire To CVS During Riots Caused $1M In Damages