While it’s only about 20 games in, things are starting to look like trends. You start to feel like it’s a point where you can start to make changes. But not too many! Let’s do this!
1. Brewers – people will question how long they will last, but as long as the pitching holds up, they will last.
2. Athletics – name five starters on this team. Go ahead. I will wait. You should know them. You will soon.
3. Braves – speaking of pitching, the 49 runs they’ve given up so far, is the fewest in baseball. By a large margin.
4. Cardinals – have only played six home games so far. A nice stay in the Gateway City will do them well.
5. Giants – there’s so much talent on that roster that it will make you forget how bad they were last year.
6. Nationals – Matt Williams set a very good example benching Bryce Harper for not running out a ground ball. Message sent.
1. Giancarlo Stanton of the Marlins, has six home runs and 26 RBIs in just 76 at bats. 11 of his 23 hits have been of the extra-base variety.
2. Albert Pujols has six home runs so far this year. He didn’t hit his 6th home run last season until May 14th.
3. Francisco Rodriguez has a run-in with a cactus during spring training, he’s been un-hittable since. Seven save and 15 strikeouts in 10 innings.
4. The National League BAA (Batting Average Against) is .245. The Atlanta Braves opponents are hitting just .219 against that staff so far this year.
1. Diamondbacks – given up a league high 129 runs so far this year. The most by 23 runs. Ouch.
2. Astros – five wins … remember, they took two of three against the Yankees to start the season!
3. Cubs – the four teams above them are legit playoff contenders. Get comfortable at the bottom.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Machado Hits 9th-Inning Slam To Lift Orioles Past Angels 9-7
- Baltimore Orioles Celebrate OPACY’s 25th Anniversary
- Orioles VP Of Communications Greg Bader Talks 25th Anniversary Festivities
- Garceau: Tim Beckham Joins The List Of “On Fire” Orioles
- Former Orioles Pitcher Ben McDonald Reminisces About 1992 Orioles