BALTIMORE (WJZ)—An officer is injured in a police-involved crash on East Lafayette Street in East Baltimore.
Captain Jeff Long reports from Sky Eye Chopper 13.
It happened before noon Thursday.
A police car ended up hitting a black car parked on the street. Across the street was a silver Jeep Cherokee, which crashed into a rowhome, causing extensive damage to its porch.
Investigators say the accident was civilian error. Police say the officer was using emergency lights and siren to respond to a call at the time of the accident.
The intersection of N. Washington Street and E. Lafayette was shut down for a time while officers investigated.
The officer was taken to Shock Trauma where he is being treated for his non-life threatening injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Toddler, Infant Unharmed In Deadly Baltimore Home Invasion
- Nearly 300 Southwest Flights Delayed, Canceled Due to Lingering Disruptions
- U.S. Coast Guard Zeroing In On Serial Prank Caller From Maryland
- Man Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Baltimore
- Critical Maintenance Shuts Down Portion Of Baltimore Metro