Officer Injured In Police-involved Crash In East Baltimore
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—An officer is injured in a police-involved crash on East Lafayette Street in East Baltimore.
Captain Jeff Long reports from Sky Eye Chopper 13.
It happened before noon Thursday.
A police car ended up hitting a black car parked on the street. Across the street was a silver Jeep Cherokee, which crashed into a rowhome, causing extensive damage to its porch.
Investigators say the accident was civilian error. Police say the officer was using emergency lights and siren to respond to a call at the time of the accident.
The intersection of N. Washington Street and E. Lafayette was shut down for a time while officers investigated.
The officer was taken to Shock Trauma where he is being treated for his non-life threatening injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Business Damaged In Riots Reopens 4 Months Later
- Teen Charged With Raping 9-Year-Old Girl At State Fair
- 4-Year-Old Dies In Baltimore Apartment Fire; 3 Others Hospitalized
- New Blood Test Can Reveal Breast Cancer Well Before Tumor Grows
- Md. Org. Calling For Stricter Gun Laws After Tragic TV Shooting