BALTIMORE (WJZ)—An officer is injured in a police-involved crash on East Lafayette Street in East Baltimore.
Captain Jeff Long reports from Sky Eye Chopper 13.
It happened before noon Thursday.
A police car ended up hitting a black car parked on the street. Across the street was a silver Jeep Cherokee, which crashed into a rowhome, causing extensive damage to its porch.
Investigators say the accident was civilian error. Police say the officer was using emergency lights and siren to respond to a call at the time of the accident.
The intersection of N. Washington Street and E. Lafayette was shut down for a time while officers investigated.
The officer was taken to Shock Trauma where he is being treated for his non-life threatening injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Coconut Charlie’s Owner Puts Up $10K For Info Leading To Arson Arrest
- Baltimore Mayor Doubles Down On Decision To Remove Monuments Following Trump’s Criticism
- Baltimore County Set To Hand Out School Supplies At Several Locations
- Confederate Names At Naval Academy Could Face Rough Seas
- Special Stench: Corpse Flowers Blooming At U.S. Botanic Garden