ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)– A nine-year veteran of the Annapolis Police Department is recovering after he’s hit by an out-of-control truck.
The officer was sitting in his parked patrol vehicle in the Fleet Reserve Club parking lot on Saturday when a Ford pickup struck the driver side of his cruiser.
The police car had to be cut open to remove Officer Michael Schreiber.
Police say Owen Frank, 28, was driving the truck when he lost control.
Frank was arrested and charged with traffic violations related to driving under the influence.
Schreiber was flown to Shock Trauma with non-life threatening injuries. He was released from the hospital on Sunday.
Other Local News:
- Ellicott City Taking Weather Precautions Since July Flooding
- Port Covington Deal Gets the Official Go-Ahead
- Teens Driving Crime Up in Baltimore
- Severna Park High School Closed Thursday
- Piecing Together a Fatal Plane Crash