Man Charged With DUI In Crash That Injured Annapolis Officer
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)– A nine-year veteran of the Annapolis Police Department is recovering after he’s hit by an out-of-control truck.
The officer was sitting in his parked patrol vehicle in the Fleet Reserve Club parking lot on Saturday when a Ford pickup struck the driver side of his cruiser.
The police car had to be cut open to remove Officer Michael Schreiber.
Police say Owen Frank, 28, was driving the truck when he lost control.
Frank was arrested and charged with traffic violations related to driving under the influence.
Schreiber was flown to Shock Trauma with non-life threatening injuries. He was released from the hospital on Sunday.
Other Local News:
- Two Dead In South Baltimore Fire
- Security Heightened At Courthouse As Freddie Gray Hearings Set To Begin
- Gov. Hogan Feeling Strong After 4th Round Of Chemo
- Protests Planned Around Freddie Gray Hearing Wednesday
- Daily Marijuana Use Amongst College Students On The Rise