ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)– A nine-year veteran of the Annapolis Police Department is recovering after he’s hit by an out-of-control truck.
The officer was sitting in his parked patrol vehicle in the Fleet Reserve Club parking lot on Saturday when a Ford pickup struck the driver side of his cruiser.
The police car had to be cut open to remove Officer Michael Schreiber.
Police say Owen Frank, 28, was driving the truck when he lost control.
Frank was arrested and charged with traffic violations related to driving under the influence.
Schreiber was flown to Shock Trauma with non-life threatening injuries. He was released from the hospital on Sunday.
Other Local News:
- Lead Freddie Gray Police Investigator Charged With Assault
- Women’s March Organizers Say The Movement Must Continue
- Go To Work Sick Or Stay Home & Lose Money?; Debate Over Paid Sick Leave
- Light City Back In 2017 With ‘Bigger, Brighter, Bolder’ Festival
- DC Bakery Says It Was Asked To Copy Obama’s 2013 Cake, Donated Profits To HRC