ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)– A nine-year veteran of the Annapolis Police Department is recovering after he’s hit by an out-of-control truck.
The officer was sitting in his parked patrol vehicle in the Fleet Reserve Club parking lot on Saturday when a Ford pickup struck the driver side of his cruiser.
The police car had to be cut open to remove Officer Michael Schreiber.
Police say Owen Frank, 28, was driving the truck when he lost control.
Frank was arrested and charged with traffic violations related to driving under the influence.
Schreiber was flown to Shock Trauma with non-life threatening injuries. He was released from the hospital on Sunday.
Other Local News:
- Cummings: Congressional Black Caucus to meet with Trump
- Baltimore Co. Man Charged With Vehicular Assault After Argument
- Elderly Woman Charged With Murder After DC Slaying
- Police: Man Shot During Argument On MTA Bus
- Maryland Powerball Player Wins $1 Million