Steve Davis: UFC 172 – Thoughts On My First UFC Fight
I have said plenty of teams that I am not a UFC fan. But, I am not a hater. I would say I don’t know much about it and haven’t really cared that much about following it. Kind of like soccer or Nascar. I don’t hate, just not a big fan.
I went to the fights Saturday night because it was a big night in Baltimore, and I wanted to see what it was all about. It was impressive to see how many people were there early. Most of the time for big fights, it is a late arriving crowd. Not for this, and I think that could help Baltimore in the future. I liked it. I thought the fights were really good. I understand why people like it.
In the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s, I was a big boxing fan. People kept coming up to me and asking me on Saturday whether I would be a fan now.
The big reason would be time, more than anything. Covering all the Baltimore and Maryland sports, plus the big national stories just doesn’t leave a ton of time for much else. If I was younger, and didn’t have kids, I could see myself getting into it. These guys are phenomenal athletes, and tough as hell. I probably won’t be a big consumer, but I would definitely go again. It probably will be a while before Baltimore gets it, but if DC gets a UFC event, I’m there.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Wilson’s RBI Fuels Rangers In 4-3 Win Over Orioles
- With RG3 Out, Redskins Use 2 QBs To Beat Ravens 31-13; Raven Steve Smith Ejected
- Spa Stunner! American Pharoah Loses In Travers To Keen Ice
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons