I have said plenty of teams that I am not a UFC fan. But, I am not a hater. I would say I don’t know much about it and haven’t really cared that much about following it. Kind of like soccer or Nascar. I don’t hate, just not a big fan.
I went to the fights Saturday night because it was a big night in Baltimore, and I wanted to see what it was all about. It was impressive to see how many people were there early. Most of the time for big fights, it is a late arriving crowd. Not for this, and I think that could help Baltimore in the future. I liked it. I thought the fights were really good. I understand why people like it.
In the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s, I was a big boxing fan. People kept coming up to me and asking me on Saturday whether I would be a fan now.
The big reason would be time, more than anything. Covering all the Baltimore and Maryland sports, plus the big national stories just doesn’t leave a ton of time for much else. If I was younger, and didn’t have kids, I could see myself getting into it. These guys are phenomenal athletes, and tough as hell. I probably won’t be a big consumer, but I would definitely go again. It probably will be a while before Baltimore gets it, but if DC gets a UFC event, I’m there.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Showtime Boxing Announces Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Heavyweight Title Fight Set For November 4th
- Boxer LaMotta, Immortalized In ‘Raging Bull,’ Dies At 95
- Phelps Has ‘No Desire’ To Return To Swimming
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Rams And 49ers Look To Rebound From Losses
- 2017 College Football Week 4 Games To Watch: TCU-Oklahoma State, Battle Of Bulldogs In Athens