BALTIMORE (WJZ)– The Orioles have reinstated infielder Manny Machado from the 15-day disabled list and optioned infielder Steve Lombardozzi to Triple-A Norfolk.
Machado, 21, appeared in three rehab games for Class-A Frederick, batting .667/.692/1.167 (8-12) with four doubles, a triple, five runs, two RBI and a stolen base.
He was placed on the disabled list after injuring a left knee ligament at a Tampa Bay game on Sept. 23. He had surgery Oct. 14.
In 2013, Machado led the American League in doubles (51), was an AL All-Star, and won both the Rawlings Gold and Platinum Gloves.
Lombardozzi, 25, has batted .292/.301/.333 (21-72) in 19 games at second base for the Orioles this season.
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall