BALTIMORE (WJZ)– The Orioles have reinstated infielder Manny Machado from the 15-day disabled list and optioned infielder Steve Lombardozzi to Triple-A Norfolk.
Machado, 21, appeared in three rehab games for Class-A Frederick, batting .667/.692/1.167 (8-12) with four doubles, a triple, five runs, two RBI and a stolen base.
He was placed on the disabled list after injuring a left knee ligament at a Tampa Bay game on Sept. 23. He had surgery Oct. 14.
In 2013, Machado led the American League in doubles (51), was an AL All-Star, and won both the Rawlings Gold and Platinum Gloves.
Lombardozzi, 25, has batted .292/.301/.333 (21-72) in 19 games at second base for the Orioles this season.
Other Local News:
- ‘In Seconds, He Shot My Three Friends’: Workplace Shooting Survivor Recounts Horror
- Witness: Workplace Shooter Was Increasingly Angry, Hostile
- Victims Of Edgewood Business Shooting Described As Family By Co-Workers
- Police Officer Seriously Hurt In Hit-And-Run At Traffic Stop
- FBI, Baltimore Police Join Forces To Combat Sex Trafficking