BALTIMORE (WJZ)– The Orioles have reinstated infielder Manny Machado from the 15-day disabled list and optioned infielder Steve Lombardozzi to Triple-A Norfolk.
Machado, 21, appeared in three rehab games for Class-A Frederick, batting .667/.692/1.167 (8-12) with four doubles, a triple, five runs, two RBI and a stolen base.
He was placed on the disabled list after injuring a left knee ligament at a Tampa Bay game on Sept. 23. He had surgery Oct. 14.
In 2013, Machado led the American League in doubles (51), was an AL All-Star, and won both the Rawlings Gold and Platinum Gloves.
Lombardozzi, 25, has batted .292/.301/.333 (21-72) in 19 games at second base for the Orioles this season.
Other Local News:
- Are Arrest Quotas Leading To Questionable Behavior On Bodycam Video?
- Drivers Reminded To ‘Look Up, Look Out’ As Students Head Back To School
- Belair-Edison Neighborhood Goes Solar
- As Cirque du Soleil Heads To Baltimore, A Look At Their Traveling Kitchen
- Maryland’s Chesapeake Conservation Corps Begins Another Year