I attended the Monday night game when Bud Norris drilled Torii Hunter and was ejected. I didn’t agree with the decision but can understand because Hunter was the batter right after Norris was taken yard. Soooo maybe it was intentional but the officiating crew could not know for sure if it was but again… I can’t be too critical of the decision.
However. I CAN be critical when two days later Justin Verlander throws at Nelson Cruz and the same officiating crew doesn’t eject him even though it was much more obvious that it was completely intentional. To borrow an overused but totally appropriate line… c’mon man!
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles VP John Angelos Says He Doesn’t Want Trump Throwing First Pitch
- Study: 113 Percent Average Raise In Baseball Arbitration
- MLB Players Union Head Says 2020 Olympics Difficult
- Orioles Add March 5 Game To Spring Training Broadcast
- Orioles Open Grapefruit League Season Against Tigers