ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — The Blue Angels are in Annapolis this week to celebrate Commencement Week at the Naval Academy.
While they’re in town, Blue Angels pilot Nate Barton (@BlueAngelThree) shared a selfie taken while he was inverted over Annapolis.
“#BlueAngels are ready to fire it up over @NavalAcademy #upsidedown!” he Tweeted.
With Friday’s graduation comes thousands of family members from across the country, booking hotels, restaurants and filling suitcases with Naval Academy souvenirs. It’s an annual financial boost for Annapolis businesses, which expect to see more than the usual $2 million visitors spend this week.
The reason: the return of the Blue Angels for the first time in three years. The free air show on Wednesday pulls even more people into Annapolis.
Other Local News:
- City Schools Face Largest Budget Gap In History, Mayor Asks Gov. For Help
- Maryland JCC One Of Multiple Centers To Receive Bomb Threat Monday
- Victim Of Notorious Baltimore Priest Says Police Were In On Sexual Abuse
- Meet WJZ’s 2017 Black History Oratory Competition Winner: Jeremiah Pearl
- City Council Asking State To Turn Over Control Of Baltimore PD