ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — The Blue Angels are in Annapolis this week to celebrate Commencement Week at the Naval Academy.
While they’re in town, Blue Angels pilot Nate Barton (@BlueAngelThree) shared a selfie taken while he was inverted over Annapolis.
“#BlueAngels are ready to fire it up over @NavalAcademy #upsidedown!” he Tweeted.
With Friday’s graduation comes thousands of family members from across the country, booking hotels, restaurants and filling suitcases with Naval Academy souvenirs. It’s an annual financial boost for Annapolis businesses, which expect to see more than the usual $2 million visitors spend this week.
The reason: the return of the Blue Angels for the first time in three years. The free air show on Wednesday pulls even more people into Annapolis.
Other Local News:
- Police: Baltimore Drug Dealer Linked To ‘Several’ Md. Overdoses, 23, Arrested
- Baltimore Man Shot, Killed After Hearing Someone Tampering With Front Door
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water,’ Set In Baltimore, Lands A Leading 13 Oscar Nods
- I-83 Accident Causes Major Delays In Northbound Lanes
- Girl Who Spent More Than 600 Days At Hopkins Receives Life-Saving Kidney Transplant