ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — The Blue Angels are in Annapolis this week to celebrate Commencement Week at the Naval Academy.
While they’re in town, Blue Angels pilot Nate Barton (@BlueAngelThree) shared a selfie taken while he was inverted over Annapolis.
“#BlueAngels are ready to fire it up over @NavalAcademy #upsidedown!” he Tweeted.
With Friday’s graduation comes thousands of family members from across the country, booking hotels, restaurants and filling suitcases with Naval Academy souvenirs. It’s an annual financial boost for Annapolis businesses, which expect to see more than the usual $2 million visitors spend this week.
The reason: the return of the Blue Angels for the first time in three years. The free air show on Wednesday pulls even more people into Annapolis.
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims