Willie Randolph On His New Book, ‘The Yankee Way’
Buy Orioles Tickets
Willie Randolph is a former baseball player, manager, and coach who has written a new book “The Yankee Way: Playing, Coaching, And My Life In Baseball”.
Willie began by talking about what is the Yankee way, which to Willie means a tradition of winning and leaving a long-lasting legacy in the city of New York and all over the world.
Ed asked Willie about who were his biggest inspirations growing up. Willie said that he lived in the shadow of Ebbett’s field and his first inspiration was Jackie Robinson saying that he thought Jackie was”the coolest thing”.
Willie also talked about at the end of his career and the overlapping of the steroid era in baseball. Willie said McGwire and Canseco were big guys who pumped a lot of iron and that while he figured something was going on guys were not doing PEDs openly like everyone thinks.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings