Willie Randolph On His New Book, ‘The Yankee Way’
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
Willie Randolph is a former baseball player, manager, and coach who has written a new book “The Yankee Way: Playing, Coaching, And My Life In Baseball”.
Willie began by talking about what is the Yankee way, which to Willie means a tradition of winning and leaving a long-lasting legacy in the city of New York and all over the world.
Ed asked Willie about who were his biggest inspirations growing up. Willie said that he lived in the shadow of Ebbett’s field and his first inspiration was Jackie Robinson saying that he thought Jackie was”the coolest thing”.
Willie also talked about at the end of his career and the overlapping of the steroid era in baseball. Willie said McGwire and Canseco were big guys who pumped a lot of iron and that while he figured something was going on guys were not doing PEDs openly like everyone thinks.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Toronto RHP Stroman Suspended After Throwing At Caleb Joseph
- We Won’t Stop! Birdland Still Celebrating After O’s Clinch A.L. East
- Preview: Orioles Vs. Blue Jays
- Steve Davis: A Magical Night At The Ballpark
- Beltway World Series? Nats, O’s First to Clinch Respective Divisions