Willie Randolph On His New Book, ‘The Yankee Way’
Willie Randolph is a former baseball player, manager, and coach who has written a new book “The Yankee Way: Playing, Coaching, And My Life In Baseball”.
Willie began by talking about what is the Yankee way, which to Willie means a tradition of winning and leaving a long-lasting legacy in the city of New York and all over the world.
Ed asked Willie about who were his biggest inspirations growing up. Willie said that he lived in the shadow of Ebbett’s field and his first inspiration was Jackie Robinson saying that he thought Jackie was”the coolest thing”.
Willie also talked about at the end of his career and the overlapping of the steroid era in baseball. Willie said McGwire and Canseco were big guys who pumped a lot of iron and that while he figured something was going on guys were not doing PEDs openly like everyone thinks.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Scott Garceau: Pain In The Neck Markakis
- Brittany Ghiroli Says Nick Markakis Comments Are A Non Issue
- Sports Rehab: Brent Harris talking Orioles Spring Training
- The American League East On Paper
- Former Oriole Chris Hoiles Checks In