Sheriff’s Office: Deputies Kill Man Who Shot Estranged Wife
Get Breaking News First
BEL AIR, Md. (AP) — The Harford County Sheriff’s Office says a man who shot his estranged wife in a standoff with authorities was killed by deputies.
Spokesman Ed Hopkins said in an email on Wednesday that Luis Arturo Hernandez, 37, shot Jamie Nicole Campbell, 28, in the stomach. He says deputies with the tactical unit then shot Hernandez.
Hernandez and Campbell were in Campbell’s SUV on a dirt road in Bel Air late Monday and early Tuesday. During an hours-long standoff, authorities learned that Hernandez had a gun.
Police say deputies moved in after relatives got a call from Hernandez and Campbell to say goodbye.
Hopkins says Campbell is in serious condition at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. The deputies involved are on administrative leave pending a review of the incident.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Pro- And Anti-Israel Rallies Held In Baltimore Wednesday
- Body Found In Dundalk Area Identified As Missing Baltimore County Woman
- N.J. Detective Acquitted In Maryland Road Rage Fatal Shooting
- City Students Compete In Robotics Competition
- Candidate Discusses Secessionist Controversy: ‘I Am An Anti-Racist’