Sheriff’s Office: Deputies Kill Man Who Shot Estranged Wife
BEL AIR, Md. (AP) — The Harford County Sheriff’s Office says a man who shot his estranged wife in a standoff with authorities was killed by deputies.
Spokesman Ed Hopkins said in an email on Wednesday that Luis Arturo Hernandez, 37, shot Jamie Nicole Campbell, 28, in the stomach. He says deputies with the tactical unit then shot Hernandez.
Hernandez and Campbell were in Campbell’s SUV on a dirt road in Bel Air late Monday and early Tuesday. During an hours-long standoff, authorities learned that Hernandez had a gun.
Police say deputies moved in after relatives got a call from Hernandez and Campbell to say goodbye.
Hopkins says Campbell is in serious condition at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. The deputies involved are on administrative leave pending a review of the incident.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Wednesday’s Freddie Gray Hearing Could See Charges Dismissed; Mosby Recused
- Heavy Traffic Expected In Downtown Baltimore On Wednesday
- Maryland State Trooper Indicted For Allegedly Forcing Sex On Woman At Gunpoint
- 18th Child Dies From Heatstroke In U.S. In 2015
- Officials Searching For Prisoner Who Walked Off Job Site