KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Bomb Threat Suspect’s Device Was Made of Candy
- Gov. Hogan Says He’s Still Waiting For ‘Thank You’ From Mayor SRB
- Argument Over Snapchat Likely Led To AACo. Attempted Murder
- One Year After Baltimore Unrest, DOJ Still Looking For Arson, Armed Robbery Suspects
- BPD Commissioner On Shot Teen’s BB Gun: ‘It’s An Absolute Identical Replica’