KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Services Held For Edgewood Shooting Victim Oscar Hidalgo Romero
- Md. Woman Injured In Las Vegas Shooting Reaches Milestone In Recovery
- Family Of Alleged Office Gunman Says He Failed To Get Mental Health Treatment
- Witness: Suspect Gathered Co-workers Before Shooting, Said ‘I Want To Say Something To Everybody’
- Calls From First Responders Heard From Edgewood Business Shooting