KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Student ‘Fighting For His Life’ After Stabbing At Renaissance Academy
- Sen. Mikulski Receives Nation’s Highest Civilian Award
- Festival Of Trees Is This Weekend; It Benefits Children & Teens
- Travel Alert May Affect Some Thanksgiving Plans
- New Poll Shows Voters Divided When It Comes To Blame For Baltimore Unrest