KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Off-Duty Cop Killed After Neighbor Came To Him During Domestic Incident
- Public Input Now Welcome For Acting Police Chief Darryl De Sousa
- Police Corruption Trial Over, But Investigators Keep Digging
- New Residences At Four Seasons In Harbor East Takes Luxury To New Heights
- Baltimore City Council Moves Forward With Bill Limiting Crude Oil Expansion