KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Judges Ask Lawmakers For Help On Psychiatric Bed Shortage
- Could Self-Driving Cars Be Coming To Maryland Soon?
- Randallstown ‘Boys In The Good’ Learn Valuable Life Lessons
- Youth Anti-Violence Program Coming To Baltimore
- ‘I Wish I Could Trade Places With Her’: Family Of Woman, Child Killed In Fire Speaks To WJZ