KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Manhunt Continues For Escaped Prisoner, Serving More Than 100-Year Sentence
- Md. Children Hospitalized Following D.C. Field Trip
- Montgomery Co. Police Investigate Quadruple Shooting; 1 Fatal
- Mayor Asking FBI For Help With Investigating City Crime, Rising Murder Rate
- Pet Owners With Drug Addiction Turning To Animal Abuse To Obtain Painkillers