KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- AAA Predicts Record Travel For July 4th Holiday
- Big Shakeup At Baltimore Based Under Armour; New President Announced
- ‘The Pride of Maryland’ In Horse Racing Is Officially Retiring
- New Video Released Of Possible Vehicle Involved In Hit-And-Run That Killed Cyclist
- Fire Crews Respond To Explosion/Fire In Harford County