2 Boaters Dead In Accident Off Kent Island
KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Demonstrator Arrested During 1st Hearing Of Freddie Gray Case
- Bel Air Man Sets Himself On Fire, Body Burns Through Living Room Floor
- 1 Officer Injured, 1 Protester Arrested During Demonstration