KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Two boaters are dead in an accident off Kent Island.
According to Maryland Natural Resources Police, two men in their 20s were returning from a camping trip on Eastern Neck Island. Their 12-foot fishing boat was overdue to return at 10 a.m. Saturday.
Police immediately launched a search for the boat. They found the vessel swamped in the northern area of Kent Island near the Chester River. Minutes later, the bodies of both men were recovered.
Natural Resources Police continue to investigate.
Other Local News:
- 7 Baltimore Police Officers Charged In Racketeering Conspiracy
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch Issued For Most Of Md.
- Confederate Statue To Be Removed From Maryland Courthouse
- Maryland Zoo Welcomes Orphaned Grizzly Bear Cubs
- Md. Students Wear ‘We The People’ Shirts To Class After Posters Were Banned From Walls