Baltimore City Makes A Big Splash Into Summer Pool Season
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Making a big splash. The city opens its pools and kicks off summer swim.
Dozens of kids went to Big Splash 2014 on Saturday at the Druid Hill Park pool.
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake says additional full-time staff members have been hired, and programming has improved city pools.
That’s resulted in a 200 percent increase in visits during the 101 days of summer.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents