Baltimore City Makes A Big Splash Into Summer Pool Season
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Making a big splash. The city opens its pools and kicks off summer swim.
Dozens of kids went to Big Splash 2014 on Saturday at the Druid Hill Park pool.
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake says additional full-time staff members have been hired, and programming has improved city pools.
That’s resulted in a 200 percent increase in visits during the 101 days of summer.
Other Local News:
- Prince George’s Police Seize Halloween Candy Laced With Marijuana
- Drivers Scramble For Cash After Armored Truck Loses Money
- 7-Year-Old Boy Missing From Windsor Mill Area
- Man Charged In Shooting Death Of Security Guard Outside Windsor Inn
- Democrat Anthony Brown Relying On Voter Turnout For Gubernatorial Win