BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Making a big splash. The city opens its pools and kicks off summer swim.
Dozens of kids went to Big Splash 2014 on Saturday at the Druid Hill Park pool.
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake says additional full-time staff members have been hired, and programming has improved city pools.
That’s resulted in a 200 percent increase in visits during the 101 days of summer.
Other Local News:
- Lt. Gov. Rutherford Under Fire For Comments About Hate Speech
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Prince George’s County
- BPD: City Councilwoman Attacked In South Baltimore Parking Garage
- Teen In Bowers Case Found Not Guilty 1st-Degree Premeditated Murder
- Search Continues For Gunman In Deadly N.W. Baltimore Shooting