WEATHER BLOG: Clear And Comfortable
Surface high pressure is generally in control tonight and tomorrow, bringing sunshine and comfortably low dewpoints tomorrow. Mostly clear and comfortable again tomorrow night and then the dewpoints begin to rise Monday as the surface flow turns more SW as high pressure shifts off to our east. By the end of the day Monday, dewpoints are likely in the 55-60 range for us and will definitely be into the 60s by Tuesday and Wednesday, so humidity will be cranking up after a comfortable weekend. It remains dry for us on Monday, but then a surface low cutting NE across the Great Lakes on Tuesday will push a trailing front in from the west later in the day, so as the front interacts with the warm/humid air mass in place, we can see showers and t-storms develop, with the most likely time for that probably in the afternoon and evening. CAPE values reach around 1000 J/Kg by Tues. afternoon and evening, so certainly the chance for some stronger to severe storms exists as well with enough instability in place to support that.
Other Local News:
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident Under Investigation In Harford County
- FAA Tackles Growing Drone Problem With New App
- Former Police Commissioner Examines Baltimore Unrest In Panel Discussion
- Police Investigating Threatening Tweet Made Toward La Plata Residents