BALTIMORE (AP) — The Charm City Circulator Harbor Connector has been awarded a federal grant to continue operating as an all-electric water taxi service in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
Sen. Ben Cardin and Sen. Barbara Mikulski announced Tuesday that the U.S. Department of Transportation awarded Baltimore an $854,130 grant to continue operating the water taxi.
The Harbor Connector is a free service for residents, commuters and visitors in Baltimore. It connects Harbor View with Harbor East and is one of five free circulating commuter routes.
The department also awarded $3.3 million to the Virginia Department of Transportation for two ferries that would be used to connect Jones Point Park in Alexandria, Va., to Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Southeast Washington.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Women’s History Month Rally Set For Annapolis
- Freshmen Lead 10th-Seeded Oregon To 77-63 Upset Of Maryland
- Labor Department Says Maryland Added 11,500 Jobs In February
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Man Stopped For Medical Emergency, Found To Be Sex Trafficking Suspect By Police