Steve Davis: Another Flacco Question
Buy Ravens Tickets
Joe continues to be under the microscope for not running his own off-season workouts. He had a plausible explanation, that he didn’t know the offense so it would be hard to practice something that you weren’t taught yet. The footwork is different for him, there are more rollouts and more deceptions.
I get it.
At the same time, it was the Ravens that created the expectation he was going to do it. And, the coaches and his teammates kept telling us it was in the works. We have interviewed a number of ex-players who think this is just an excuse, that extra workouts could have been helpful.
Do I think this is a big deal? No.
Do I think this is somewhat of a deal? Yes.
The Ravens just had an off-year and he had a bad year. So, why wouldn’t you figure out a way to do extra?
Essentially, he is doing what is required to do, but not much more. He is participating in the team workouts, as does every starting QB. Would it hurt to do more? No. I will say again. I think Joe takes too much grief. He is a good to very good quarterback.
It is unfair to constantly compare him to guys like Manning and Brady. At the same time, you shouldn’t be compared to them if you are not willing to work as hard as them, which I don’t think he is.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings