Buck Showalter is the current manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
Buck joined Ed and Steve to talk about the loss of Matt Wieters and how the O’s can compensate for it.
Buck began by talking about the new challenge system in the MLB and how he tries to use late challenges to his advantage. Buck also talked about how they need to find spots to put Steve Pearce in more because he seems to make an impact when he is in the lineup. On the question of whether Steve Clevenger’s defensive lapses are the reason he is still in the minors Buck said “don’t say we think Steve can’t defend and these other guys can.”
Buck also talked about the starting rotation saying “we feel comfortable with the guys we have.” And Buck said it is “realistic” that Dylan Bundy could be an option late in the season for the O’s.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Listen Live: Baltimore Orioles at Washington Nationals [Live Audio] MLB
- Orioles Pitcher Kevin Gausman Starts GoFundMe For Louisiana Flood Victims
- Orioles Ace Chris Tillman Headed To DL With Shoulder Issue
- Boy With Double-Hand Transplant’s Next Goal Is To Play Football
- Katie Ledecky Throwing Out First Pitch As Nats Host Orioles