BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A family involved in a two-car crash is safe thanks to Baltimore’s police commissioner.
Tuesday evening, Commissioner Anthony Batts came across an accident that just happened at the intersection of E. Lombard and S. Eden streets.
The impact sent one of the vehicles onto its side.
The commissioner quickly entered through the sunroof and assisted a mother and teenage son.
Both patients were taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Batts says he did what any other officer would have done and do every day and night.
The police commissioner’s heroics are well documented.
Last month, Batts punched an armed suspect in the face after refusing to give up the gun.
Other Local News:
- Heat Advisory, Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues Into Weekend
- Thousands Try To Beat The Heat For A Jam-Packed Weekend At Artscape
- 2 Baltimore Police Officers Plead Guilty To Racketeering
- Heat Advisory, Code Red Air Quality Alert Continues For Saturday
- Baltimore Co. Man Says Strangers Moved Into His Home, Claiming They Rented It On Craigslist