BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A family involved in a two-car crash is safe thanks to Baltimore’s police commissioner.
Tuesday evening, Commissioner Anthony Batts came across an accident that just happened at the intersection of E. Lombard and S. Eden streets.
The impact sent one of the vehicles onto its side.
The commissioner quickly entered through the sunroof and assisted a mother and teenage son.
Both patients were taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Batts says he did what any other officer would have done and do every day and night.
The police commissioner’s heroics are well documented.
Last month, Batts punched an armed suspect in the face after refusing to give up the gun.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Lawmakers OK Panel To Monitor Health Care Changes
- Driver Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- Teen Arrested After Pregnant Woman’s SUV Carjacked On Her Way Home From Work
- Man Accused Of Shooting ‘Sick’ Dog Arrested For Animal Cruelty
- Police: Man Dies After Fight Outside Sports Bar