I don’t know if its the greatest game ever pitched by a player, but its definitely the greatest pitching performance I have ever watched. Last night Clayton Kershaw was absolutely dominant. He had 15 strikeouts and no walks, and in my opinion there were only 2 hard hit balls, in which one of them was foul. Hanley Ramirez made an error late in the game, or else Kershaw would have had a perfect game.
Kershaw struck out 14 of his 15 strikeouts on breaking balls. Kershaw’s slider and curve ball were untouchable in the game. The celebration after the game was pretty cool as Clayton Kershaw got a Gatorade bath from his teammates and then the brought out a bubble machine and did a dance with him. He then celebrated an emotional moment with his wife. During the game they were constantly showing his wife and she was holding her breath on almost every pitch.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- With Adam Jones Ailing, Orioles Add Borbon to Outfield
- Jones Leaves Game in 2nd, Orioles Lose 14-4 to Yankees
- Listen Live: Baltimore Orioles at NY Yankees [Live Audio] MLB
- Garceau: My Picks For American League Awards
- Orioles Join MLB In Fight Against Pediatric Cancer