BALTIMORE (WJZ)–The Baltimore City Department of Public Works is warning residents about water worker impostors attempting to gain illegal entry into Fells Point area homes.
There have been reports of a person knocking on doors in the Upper Fells Point area asking to see copies of utility bills and wanting to inspect properties.
The DPW says citizens should remember the following:
- DPW employees are not authorized to enter your home without your permission. They only come into homes when called for assistance.
- DPW employees wear uniforms and have photo ID. Always ask to see a Baltimore City employee identification card, which includes a photograph. If you doubt the authenticity of either do not let them in and contact DPW for verification.
Baltimore City residents may call 311. In the Baltimore County service area, please call 410-396-5352.
Report any and all suspicious activity to the police by dialing 911.
Other Local News:
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis
- Freshmen Lead 10th-Seeded Oregon To 77-63 Upset Of Maryland
- Labor Department Says Maryland Added 11,500 Jobs In February
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Man Stopped For Medical Emergency, Found To Be Sex Trafficking Suspect By Police