BALTIMORE (WJZ)–The Baltimore City Department of Public Works is warning residents about water worker impostors attempting to gain illegal entry into Fells Point area homes.
There have been reports of a person knocking on doors in the Upper Fells Point area asking to see copies of utility bills and wanting to inspect properties.
The DPW says citizens should remember the following:
- DPW employees are not authorized to enter your home without your permission. They only come into homes when called for assistance.
- DPW employees wear uniforms and have photo ID. Always ask to see a Baltimore City employee identification card, which includes a photograph. If you doubt the authenticity of either do not let them in and contact DPW for verification.
Baltimore City residents may call 311. In the Baltimore County service area, please call 410-396-5352.
Report any and all suspicious activity to the police by dialing 911.
Other Local News:
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Harford County Crash
- Former Ravens Cheerleader Completes Weekend Jail Time For Rape Of Teen Boy
- How Is Federal Grant Money Funding The Restoration Of The Chesapeake Bay?
- Day After Acid Spill, Nearby Residents Still Worried About Their Health
- Hogan: Health Care Law Repeal Doesn’t Work For Maryland