BALTIMORE (WJZ)–The Baltimore City Department of Public Works is warning residents about water worker impostors attempting to gain illegal entry into Fells Point area homes.
There have been reports of a person knocking on doors in the Upper Fells Point area asking to see copies of utility bills and wanting to inspect properties.
The DPW says citizens should remember the following:
- DPW employees are not authorized to enter your home without your permission. They only come into homes when called for assistance.
- DPW employees wear uniforms and have photo ID. Always ask to see a Baltimore City employee identification card, which includes a photograph. If you doubt the authenticity of either do not let them in and contact DPW for verification.
Baltimore City residents may call 311. In the Baltimore County service area, please call 410-396-5352.
Report any and all suspicious activity to the police by dialing 911.
Other Local News:
- Authorities Investigate Suspicious Vehicle At Aberdeen Proving Ground
- Loved Ones of Lor Scoota Hold Press Conference in West Baltimore
- Man Seriously Injured After Tree Falls Onto Passenger Bus in AACo.
- Maryland Court orders re-sentencing for 3 convicted as teens
- Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Speed On The Beltway’s Inner Loop