BALTIMORE (WJZ)– There are new developments in the child sexual abuse lawsuit against Kevin Clash, the puppeteer known for voicing the Sesame Street character Elmo.
Ron Matz has the latest.
The lawsuit against Clash, 53, was dismissed by the U.S. District judge in Pennsylvania on Thursday.
The judge ruled it had not been filed within the statute of limitations in New York.
Clash’s spokesperson, Nicholas Peters of CommCore Consulting Group, released the following statement:
“Kevin is gratified that once again the courts have dismissed the claims against him. We believe we are finally at the point as a team where we can begin to turn our full attention to restoring Kevin’s personal and professional reputation over the coming weeks and months so he may regain his rightful place as an accomplished and respected artist.”
The lawsuit filed last year alleges Clash engaged in a sexual relationship during visits to New York that began back in 2004 when the man who filed the complaint was 16.
A judge in New York previously dismissed three other lawsuit against Clash by men who accused him of sexually abusing them when they were underage. That judge also said the statute of limitations had run out.
After voicing Elmo for 28 years, accusations against Clash led to his resignation in 2012.
Clash is originally from Baltimore County.
Other Local News:
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Route 40 In Elkton
- Some Residents ‘Afraid’ After String Of Property Damage In South Baltimore
- Shooting At NSA Triggered By Unlicensed Teen Driver Making Wrong Turn And Panicking, Passenger Says
- Hundreds Without Heat, Hot Water After Gas Outage In Pr. George’s Co.
- Lyft, Baltimore Bike Share Collaborate To Offer Five Bicycle Locations