BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Detectives from Montgomery County’s Major Crimes Division are investigating an attempted murder that occurred early Friday morning in Gaithersburg.
Officers from the Gaithersburg Police Department as well as fire and rescue personnel responded to the 900-block of Curry Ford Lane for the report of a stabbing. First responders located a 22-year-old Gaithersburg man in the parking lot suffering from multiple stab wounds. He was transported to a local trauma center, where he remains in grave condition.
The suspect fled from the scene.
Detectives later identified the suspect as a 24-year-old Gaithersburg man. He was located and taken into custody by police and is being interviewed by detectives.
A preliminary investigation by police indicates that the victim and suspect knew each other and had agreed to meet outside at the Curry Ford Lane address. Police say the meeting escalated and the suspect physically assaulted the victim with a knife.
The investigation is ongoing. Identities will be released once a suspect is formally charged.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to contact the Major Crimes Division at 240.773.5070.
Other Local News:
- Twitter Wipes Out More Than 100K Accounts Linked To ISIS
- Health Officials Expect Zika Virus Could Eventually Reach Md.
- O’Malley Formally Withdraws From Md. Ballot
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify