Pitch In! WJZ & Orioles Team Up For 28th Annual Food And Funds Drive
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — This weekend, the Orioles will kick off the 28th annual Food and Funds Drive. And as part of our Continuing Community Commitment, WJZ is a proud sponsor of the event.
There’s such a huge need for donations, and it’s incredibly easy for you to help out.
This weekend at Camden Yards, you can donate money or non-perishable food items, and it all goes to the Maryland Food Bank, which desperately needs help.
The food immediately goes out to 600 soup kitchens, pantries and shelters. Cash donations go toward buying tens of thousands of turkeys for the holidays.
Don’t just watch the plays on the field, look for your WJZ friends and other volunteers at the gate. It’s a chance for everyone to pitch in!
WJZ will be live at Camden Yards all weekend for all three games. Here’s the lineup:
Friday, July 11, 7:05 p.m. game
Saturday, July 12, 4:05 p.m. game
Sunday, July 13, 8:05 p.m. game
Other Local News:
- Maryland Governor Scheduled For Last Round Of Chemotherapy
- Baltimore Police Investigate After Body Found In Woods
- Search Continues For Baltimore Gunman Who Shot 5
- SPCA Hosts Annual Online Auction To Help Homeless Pets
- Police Offer Reward For Assistance In Identifying Armed Robbery Suspects