ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Montgomery County police say one person is now dead after a four-car crash on Columbia Pike.
Police said Thursday that a 22-year-old driver previously reported to be in critical condition after the crash had died.
Police say they were called around 1:15 p.m. Wednesday to Columbia Pike near the intersection with Fairlands Road. Police say that’s where the driver of a Jeep made a lane change and hit an Audi, causing the Audi to hit a Lincoln Navigator, overturn and hit a Saturn Scion. Police say the Jeep left the scene.
Police say the driver of the Audi, identified as 22-year-old Marcelina Maria Cordoba of Silver Spring, was taken to a hospital where she died. The driver of the Lincoln Navigator was also taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The other drivers involved in the collision did not sustain any injuries.
The circumstances surrounding this collision remain under investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this collision is asked to call the Collision Reconstruction Unit at (240)773-6620 or call the police non-emergency number at (301)279-8000. Callers may remain anonymous.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Bomb Threat Suspect’s Device Was Made of Candy
- Gov. Hogan Says He’s Still Waiting For ‘Thank You’ From Mayor SRB
- Argument Over Snapchat Likely Led To AACo. Attempted Murder
- One Year After Baltimore Unrest, DOJ Still Looking For Arson, Armed Robbery Suspects
- BPD Commissioner On Shot Teen’s BB Gun: ‘It’s An Absolute Identical Replica’