Tim Elfrink is the managing editor of the Miami New Times. Tim was the first reporter to break the story of Biogenesis and the huge scandal that followed.
Tim joined Ed and Ken to talk about his new book “BLOOD SPORT: Alex Rodriguez, Biogenesis, and the Quest to End Baseball’s Steroid Era.”
“Believe it or not this whole scandal started over an argument for $4000” said Tim. when asked for hi reaction when he first found the Biogenesis material Tim said “we didn’t know what we had…there were a bunch of code names for players and substances.” Tim went in to how if Tony Bosch would have just paid the $4000 back to Porter Fischer, a Biogenesis investor, this story would never have come out.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Katie Ledecky Throws Out First Pitch As Nats Host Orioles
- Listen Live: Baltimore Orioles at Washington Nationals [Live Audio] MLB
- Orioles Pitcher Kevin Gausman Starts GoFundMe For Louisiana Flood Victims
- Orioles Ace Chris Tillman Headed To DL With Shoulder Issue
- Boy With Double-Hand Transplant’s Next Goal Is To Play Football