BALTIMORE (WJZ) — This is going to be a roller-coaster week in Maryland, weather-wise. From Sunday until Tuesday, there’s a threat for severe weather, including thunderstorms, gusty winds, hail and heavy rain. Isolated tornadoes can’t be ruled out.
Thunderstorms will be more numerous on Monday and Tuesday. Strong to severe storms will be possible each day and may produce damaging wind gusts and large hail. An isolated tornado cannot be ruled out late Monday. Any thunderstorm that develops between now and Tuesday will produce very heavy rainfall that may result in localized flash flooding.
A change is then coming. Slightly cooler temperatures and lower humidity will move in, courtesy of a feature similar to the polar vortex that affected us this winter, but now it’s a welcomed change rather than a dangerous one.
These nicer temperatures will hit on Wednesday.
It looks like those temperatures will stay for a few days. We’re going from upper 80s to low 80s and less humidity. On Friday, we may even be in the upper 70s for a high.
By the start of the following week, the heat will be back, so enjoy it while you can.
Other Local News:
- Winter Storm Warning In Effect Through Wednesday Morning
- ‘Serial’ Case: Hearing Resumes For Adnan Syed
- Driver Denied Bail In Serious Fells Point Crash
- Former Oriole Charged With Battery, Arrested While Naked From Waist Down
- Reading Program Offers Children A Chance To Earn Free Admission To National Aquarium